Run Antenna Wire To Outside - 2021 320MKS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Run Antenna Wire To Outside - 2021 320MKS

I would like to run an RS240 antenna from the back desk of a 320MKS to the ladder in order to hook it to the antenna on the pole. I have researched and asked all over the place but I'm not yet set on a method I'd like to use. I wanted to ask here so maybe an expert or someone who had done this before can help me out.

The options I'm weighing are :
    Drill a hole through the wall right above the desk and push the wire outside ( way I'd like to, just not sure how to keep the wire secure outside and plug the hole)
    Run the wire through the floor
    Run the wire through a slide pushing it through the seal

Anyone with a good idea how to accomplish this and have a permanent solution so I don't have to rerun the wire every time we stop? I have 30 feet of wire at my disposal.

This is how I ran coax for my Weboost connection. Second photo it is to the left of the mast. Not sure if this helps you but it was my solution to clean cable iinstall.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20211007_160515-X3.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	84516 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220228_120528-X2.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	215.8 KB
ID:	84517
    Attached Files
    Bill & Cindy
    2021 Transcend Xplor 221RB
    2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
    SE Texas

Comment

Originally posted by EK320MKS View Post
      I would like to run an RS240 antenna from the back desk of a 320MKS to the ladder in order to hook it to the antenna on the pole. I have researched and asked all over the place but I'm not yet set on a method I'd like to use. I wanted to ask here so maybe an expert or someone who had done this before can help me out.

The options I'm weighing are :
      Drill a hole through the wall right above the desk and push the wire outside ( way I'd like to, just not sure how to keep the wire secure outside and plug the hole)
      Run the wire through the floor
      Run the wire through a slide pushing it through the seal

Anyone with a good idea how to accomplish this and have a permanent solution so I don't have to rerun the wire every time we stop? I have 30 feet of wire at my disposal.
      Welcome to the forum, be sure to check out the welcome letter, it'll help get you setup

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

There was a thread discussion awhile back about running cable from the interior to the exterior awhile back that discussed ideas on how to best do this. Check it out, it may give you what you need
      https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...-exit-strategy

Again, welcome!
      2019 Imagine 2400BH
      2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

That was my thread when I was doing this.
        Bill & Cindy
        2021 Transcend Xplor 221RB
        2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
        SE Texas

Comment

Originally posted by BillinTexas View Post
          That was my thread when I was doing this.
          Great minds think alike
          2019 Imagine 2400BH
          2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

EK320MKS For my LTE antenna, I went through an interior wall and up into the ceiling. Once there I was able to fish between the lights and into the air conditioner. In there was a foam shell to keep the outside out,I popped through that and then mounted to the roof.
            Last edited by ncitro; 05-09-2022, 11:08 AM.
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
            2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
            2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

I have my cellular booster indoor unit in the TV cubby and have it using the spare Satellite antenna connection to run it to the outside. I purchased F-Type to SMA adapters to complete the connections but it's working well. I have my LTE Yagi is on a 30 foot pole that I attach to the ladder when on-site and run the cable to the exterior connection panel.
              2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
              2020 Ram 1500 Quad Cab with rear air shocks

Comment

You may be able to run it into the cavity behind the frig and out the top frig vent if you have a gas electric frig.

Tim
                Tim
                2020 Reflection 320MKS, Sidewinder Hitch
                2003 2500HD Silverado Duramax, Sumo springs, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Working...
                X