Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lippert Blue Label BS

Hi all,
    I apologize if this topic is beating a dead horse, but I've been reading post after post and not getting anywhere close to a solution.
    I've got the wonderful LCI WiFi on the go system in my 367THS. Of course, like many before me, I can access internet (via my phone) or One Control (via RV intranet) not both. No issues. I purchased a sim card from AT&T and tried to add a data line through AT&T for my LCI gateway. Lo and behold, they're not compatible. I remembered something about the "blue Label" (which I have) and did some research. Seems Lippert decided to get into the data business and made the gateway Lippert friendly only. I looked at the data plans on the LCI website, and decided they are way to expensive to mess with.
    So here I have what I think is a pretty good antenna gateway system installed and no good use for it.
    I'm trying to figure out if there is another compatible gateway that will plug and play with the Lippert system using the same antenna and power source? I'm not tech savvy and my first instinct is to just get a hotspot and rip the rest out! But maybe a cellular gateway can be used in its place?
    My wife wants to be able to have a WiFi enabled monitoring system in the RV to keep an eye on power, temperature and humidity for the dogs while we are away. I need to figure out a work-around for the Lippert on the go.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    -Mike
    Mike & Terri Williams
    2022 Momentum 376THS-R
    2021 GMC Denali 3500 DRW
    B&W Companion 25K puck hitch
    2014 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited CVO

saucedhog Timing is everything, one of our members just did a write up on using his own router but maintaining his One Control connectivity. Hopefully this helps!

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...control-router
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post
      saucedhog Timing is everything, one of our members just did a write up on using his own router but maintaining his One Control connectivity. Hopefully this helps!

That helps as "a" solution. I'm wondering if the router can use a sim card and the already installed cellular antenna? Thanks. I'll inquire.
      Mike & Terri Williams
      2022 Momentum 376THS-R
      2021 GMC Denali 3500 DRW

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post

I'm digging in. I think it may be a solution and I'm too dense to know it! Thank you!!
        Mike & Terri Williams
        2022 Momentum 376THS-R
        2021 GMC Denali 3500 DRW

Comment

Originally posted by saucedhog View Post

I'm digging in. I think it may be a solution and I'm too dense to know it! Thank you!!
          No problem, glad to help.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
          2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
          2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

That helps as "a" solution. I'm wondering if the router can use a sim card and the already installed cellular antenna? Thanks. I'll inquire.
            If you want to use my instructions but add a sim card to the mix, you just have to get a modem that works with your chosen SIM provider. Then plug the LAN port of the Sim Modem into the WAN port of the router. Go to the "internet settings" on the router and choose to take internet from the WAN. It may even automatically choose this setting as soon as it senses internet coming into the WAN port. Thats it.

If you want to use the wineguard 360+ antenna installation your RV came with, I haven't done it myself, but I assume it would be the same. You may need to buy the "wineguard gateway" . Connect the wineguard gateway to your 360+ that comes with our RV. Then depending on how the router works, either connect the LAN port on the gateway to the WAN port of the router or if the gateway is WIFI, connect to it with your router the way you would connect to any other WIFI in my instructions. On the other hand, I'm not sure if you even need the gateway or if the 360+ that comes with your RV already has a LAN cable that leaves it that can be directly put into the router. I have heard that the wineguard stuff is pretty dismal for the money and you may be better off not using whats pre-installed. Again, not sure as I am unfamiliar with the wineguard systems.

The last option is to replace the router in my instructions with a router/ sim-modem all in one. Setup will be similar and would work as long as the system allow you to change wifi SSID and the router's IP.
            Last edited by timelinex; 05-10-2022, 05:31 PM.
            2021 Grand Design Momentum 381m
            2020 Ram 3500 8ft

Comment

Originally posted by timelinex View Post

If you want to use my instructions but add a sim card to the mix, you just have to get a modem that works with your chosen SIM provider. Then plug the LAN port of the Sim Modem into the WAN port of the router. Go to the "internet settings" on the router and choose to take internet from the WAN. It may even automatically choose this setting as soon as it senses internet coming into the WAN port. Thats it.

If you want to use the wineguard 360+ antenna installation your RV came with, I haven't done it myself, but I assume it would be the same. You may need to buy the "wineguard gateway" . Connect the wineguard gateway to your 360+ that comes with our RV. Then depending on how the router works, either connect the LAN port on the gateway to the WAN port of the router or if the gateway is WIFI, connect to it with your router the way you would connect to any other WIFI in my instructions. On the other hand, I'm not sure if you even need the gateway or if the 360+ that comes with your RV already has a LAN cable that leaves it that can be directly put into the router. I have heard that the wineguard stuff is pretty dismal for the money and you may be better off not using whats pre-installed. Again, not sure as I am unfamiliar with the wineguard systems.

The last option is to replace the router in my instructions with a router/ sim-modem all in one. Setup will be similar and would work as long as the system allow you to change wifi SSID and the router's IP.
              I understood about half of that. lol. It may be a bit more clear when I can get into my RV to look at the setup. It seems my current setup is the Lippert WiFi On the Go with a external cellular antenna. I thought the Wineguard antenna was for TV reception only? I'm not even sure if it's a 360 or 360+? I'm going to study your install instructions a bit more and if you don't mind get in touch with you again if I need clarification. Just for clarification, and at the expense of looking more idiotic, The install your describing in your other post is for purchased wifi signal i.e.sim card or hotspot, and not just picking up and boosting campground wifi? I don't want to rely on campground internet.
              Thank you for the help!
              -Mike
              Mike & Terri Williams
              2022 Momentum 376THS-R
              2021 GMC Denali 3500 DRW

Comment

I understood about half of that. lol. It may be a bit more clear when I can get into my RV to look at the setup. It seems my current setup is the Lippert WiFi On the Go with a external cellular antenna. I thought the Wineguard antenna was for TV reception only? I'm not even sure if it's a 360 or 360+? I'm going to study your install instructions a bit more and if you don't mind get in touch with you again if I need clarification. Just for clarification, and at the expense of looking more idiotic, The install your describing in your other post is for purchased wifi signal i.e.sim card or hotspot, and not just picking up and boosting campground wifi? I don't want to rely on campground internet.
                Thank you for the help!
                -Mike
                So as I mentioned, I'm not too well versed in the wine guard things. But the short of it is that if whatever is giving you internet has a lan vavlr that goes out or has a wifi that it creates...this system is possible. Depending on your particular system, you may not need the router in my setup and your current internet deriving system can act as the router as long as its configured properly.
                2021 Grand Design Momentum 381m
                2020 Ram 3500 8ft

Comment

Working...
                X