Lippert camera and One Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lippert camera and One Control

Hello. Trying to set up the Lippert camera to the one control app for my GD Reflection 295RL. I scanned the QR code and tried manually but repeatedly getting a error cannot connect to local network (my camera number). What can I do? The app worked fine to scan the QR code for lights. Awnings,etc but no go on the camera. Can someone lease help? I’ve tried 25 times and get this error.
    2021 Chevrolet Silverado 2500
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 295RL
    US Army RET

The 26th time is the charm, haha.

If there is no power to the camera I do not think that One Control will connect to it. I think the camera only has power when attached to the tow vehicle. Check the camera to see if there is a light on indicating it has power.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Country Campers To add to what Brian mentioned, I also have to have the headlights or running lights on as these cameras are typically tied into the running light circuit. I have a Haloview, but there should be some indication that there is power to the camera. Mine has a small led that illuminates when power is to the camera.

Tim
      Tim & Beth
      2022 Transcend Xplor 265BH
      2021 Ford F-150 XLT, 3.5L Ecoboost w/ Max Tow Pkg

Comment

I have the same problem, connected to truck, lights on, kept getting the can not connect error, tried many times, swore and cursed many times, then gave up. From the reviews I've read of those who have managed to get it working, it's barely worth the trouble, poor connection and poor picture. Is it worth persevering with???

Comment

Thanks everyone. So there were a couple issues to look for. I found online that some newer trucks don’t get constant power to the camera as NerkGDguy indicates. I had to have my truck headlights turned on. Has to do with a pulsing signal. Alternatively you can buy a 7 pin or other in-line adapter to help compensate with that. Secondly, look in your Wi-Fi networks for the Insight camera and connect to it. It wasn’t a Bluetooth connection as I thought. So when I did these 2 things I got the camera set up. The picture quality however was terrible, pinkish tone and grainy, though you could use it if you really wanted. I solved that problem by switching to a Halovision 7108 camera and a dedicated 7 inch monitor rather than using my phone and one control app.
          2021 Chevrolet Silverado 2500
          2022 Grand Design Reflection 295RL
          US Army RET

Comment

On Chevy trucks you can turn on the fog lights and that will turn on the trailer maker lights, also turns on the camera if it is wired into the marker light circuit.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Hey Everyone, Just a note, Lippert is replacing a bunch of cameras that has a pink or purple hue. These have a bad board in them. I am currently waiting for my replacement. As for the quality... i really hope that improves or I will have to purchase the Furrion system.
              We live to serve our two Golder Retrievers
              2022 Reflection 303RLS
              2016 GMC Denali 3500

Comment

Working...
              X