Insight Camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insight Camera

Had an Imagine with Furion Rear View Camera and separate monitor. Did not use it for backing but relied on it while towing when getting ready to change lanes. Sold the Imagine a few months ago and bought new 2022 Reflection 260RD that came with what dealer said was much better Insight Camera. On our first trip, I had a lot of trouble keeping the camera connected to the phone app. I could view approaching traffic for few minutes, then loose signal. Sometimes it would sporadically reconnect, but most time had to stop app and start over. Finally, turned it off. Called Lippert CS, and to my disappointment, I was informed the camera is for "backing up" only. It will not function reliably when driving down road. This is no signal booster or camera setting to change that. I was told I need a Furion Camera if I need to use it while driving. GD Reflection Brochure lists camera as "wide-angle rear view camera". Says nothing about "back-up camera". Anyone have thoughts about this?
    Marty and Teresa
    2022 Reflection 260RD
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT

I have a Haloview MC7108 camera. Clear picture, separate 7” screen. I place it on my console and use it for both driving/passing and backing up. I also had it on my previous (23’) TT and have had excellent results. The picture on my Transcend has about a 3 second delay and skips frames from time to time, but the video is clear and reliable enough to tell when you have cleared the vehicle in the right lane. They sell the same version with the coax antenna that gets mounted on the front of the TT for better reception (better frame rate, less frames skipped).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GKXPKRS...0CWNBYSTDR3BSK
    Last edited by NerkGDguy; 05-20-2022, 01:51 PM.
    Tim & Beth
    2022 Transcend Xplor 265BH
    2021 Ford F-150 XLT, 3.5L Ecoboost w/ Max Tow Pkg

Comment

Originally posted by NerkGDguy View Post
      I have a Haloview MC7108 camera. Clear picture, separate 7” screen. I place it on my console and use it for both driving/passing and backing up. I also had it on my previous (23’) TT and have had excellent results. The picture on my Transcend has about a 3 second delay and skips frames from time to time, but the video is clear and reliable enough to tell when you have cleared the vehicle in the right lane. They sell the same version with the coax antenna that gets mounted on the front of the TT for better reception (better frame rate, less frames skipped).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GKXPKRS...0CWNBYSTDR3BSK
      Martybhawk I also have a Haloview and it works fine. Ordered the mount that allowed it to use my built-in furion mount on my reflection.

I don't use it a lot though. Usually have the DW in position for backing up and on the road, I actually found it too distracting in the cab to always see the rear view "flashing" on the screen as I drove.

Also sometimes felt it better to have my head in the sand with respect to how close someone was following me. Yet another thing I would worry about when I could see it. 😊
      Terry and Patty (Dogs-Sophie and Tessa)
      2020 Reflection 297RSTS - bought Oct 2019
      2021 F350 crew cab, SRW, 6.7L diesel, 14K equal-i-zer hitch

Comment

Working...
      X