TireLinc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TireLinc

There were a few software updates in cc since I last used tire linc. And it seems to work much better. No more communication issues, drop outs, lock ups or random pin requests. Tie pressures are displayed in large numbers so much easier to read. While it's only been a for hour road test, it looks like positive work was done to tire linc.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
    Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

The remote still sucks. Also note that if the temps drop with weak batteries the remote will go off at random intervals due to loss of communication.

And yes the app does appear to work a bit better.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
      The remote still sucks.
      I wouldn't know. I threw mine in the trash last year.

Comment

Let me know when they get all the bugs worked out
        I still have 2 sensors that are wiped out from corrosion. I cant imagine what ridiculous price they will want for replacements. (edit, I just looked, they are over $50 each, looks like it stays in the box)
        The Compass connect downloaded and update while were in Alabama in March and then proceeded to not work post update so I deleted the app. Like so much other Lippert technology its poorly done and rarely works or makes things easier.
        Last edited by familytruckster4; 05-24-2022, 07:13 AM.
        2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

familytruckster4 They released the update, it had a bunch of issues, then they updated it again. Appears to be working this time.
          Joseph
          Tow
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
            familytruckster4 They released the update, it had a bunch of issues, then they updated it again. Appears to be working this time.
            I am out....... looking at over $50 each for new sensors, no way I throwing money down that hole !
            2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Originally posted by familytruckster4 View Post
              Let me know when they get all the bugs worked out
              Well....they haven't. After a trouble free first trip, the second produced a few random pin requests, a vehicle in motion so it's disabled msg (that one really confuses me), and a lost comm for 55 minutes with no alarm. Sooooo. I'm out. Replacing with something I can rely on.
              I'm thinking Tireminder i10, suggestions welcome.

Comment

I'm frustrated with it too. I got the Tire Linc system, primarily because my trailer came with the dock. Got everything was connected. That was last year. Now, here I am a year later and the thing won't connect. Status light won't turn on or anything. I checked the dock to make sure I still had power there with a multimeter. Power is good, just think the repeater is junk.
                2021 Imagine 2970RL
                2021 F-250 (7.3L Godzilla V8)

Comment

If anyone who is junking their system, I'd be interested in buying the wheel sensors. I managed to buy a whole new system for $82 on a closeout, so, problems and all, I couldn't pass it up. But, I'd like a few spare parts.
                  Ottertail, Minnesota
                  2022 Imagine 2500RL VIN 573TE3029N6637046
                  2022 Ford F-150 Lariat, SuperCrew, long box, max tow

Comment

Originally posted by AlexPeterson View Post
                    If anyone who is junking their system, I'd be interested in buying the wheel sensors. I managed to buy a whole new system for $82 on a closeout, so, problems and all, I couldn't pass it up. But, I'd like a few spare parts.
                    Private Message sent.
                    David and Deana
                    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4, CC, SRW, 6.6L L8T Gas, MYD 6-Speed
                    2022 Reflection 303RLS w/ Gen-Y Executive Gooseneck Hitch

Comment

Hey Everyone, Wondering if someone else has seen this with the TireLinc sensors within the Compass Connect App. With the new version (5.0.2), I lose connection to some of the sensors. It is random, as in might be a different one each time and sometimes it it upwards of three offline. They do come back. This is mostly a problem when we are at a campground. When we are moving, it isn't so bad, might lose one from time to time. It didn't do this with the previous version of the app. I figured I would post the question here before I call Lippert.

I haven't tried to relearn the sensors let. I don't want to touch them until I figure out if this is just me or if it an issue with the app and the app being impatient while waiting for the data.
                      We live to serve our two Golder Retrievers
                      2022 Reflection 303RLS
                      2016 GMC Denali 3500

Comment

I've noticed the same thing. They do come back on their own. Biggest annoyance is the remote makes noise all the time because of sensor connectivity.
                        Joseph
                        Tow
                        South of Houston Texas

Comment

I find sensor connectivity is compromised when the trailer battery is less than 100 percent. If I spend a night on the battery, then when I leave in the morning, sensor issues. After driving and charging the trailer battery, they all come back.

Comment

Alex, I'll contact you when I install my new system. If you are still interested by then.

Comment

Originally posted by gtippett View Post
                              Hey Everyone, Wondering if someone else has seen this with the TireLinc sensors within the Compass Connect App. With the new version (5.0.2), I lose connection to some of the sensors. It is random, as in might be a different one each time and sometimes it it upwards of three offline. They do come back. This is mostly a problem when we are at a campground. When we are moving, it isn't so bad, might lose one from time to time. It didn't do this with the previous version of the app. I figured I would post the question here before I call Lippert.

I haven't tried to relearn the sensors let. I don't want to touch them until I figure out if this is just me or if it an issue with the app and the app being impatient while waiting for the data.
                              I have noticed the exact same thing recently. Randomly come and go. Guess I am hoping it will take care of itself. The coach battery readout doesn't always work either.
                              Dennis
                              Dennis & Sharon
                              2019 GMC 2500HD Denali
                              2022 Reflection 303RLS

Comment

Working...
                              X