No announcement yet.

TireLinc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Everyone, So I spoke to Lippert and they think it is caused by the application and the phone's operating system. They did release a couple updates back to back to fix bugs which could also led to the issue. As we are on 5.0.2 and the new App was 5.0. Their instructions are to remove the app from your device completely including saved data, shutdown the device so it dumps its memory, and then reinstall it after restarting the device. I will try this the next time I am at my rv. If anyone can try it faster, it would be great to know if it works.

By the way, you will have to re-enter the rig information into the app as that is stored locally. But it might not lose the sensors as that is stored on the repeater.

I did mention to them that the issues was the TireLinc having dropping sensors, not displaying voltage and some lights saying they are on when they are not.

By the way this fix is not far fetch as I have had this happen on both my security app and my home camera system app as well. As sometimes, with auto-updates the phone doesn't fully remove old app data, which is a device iOS or android system issue.
    Last edited by gtippett; 06-03-2022, 12:40 PM.
    We live to serve our two Golder Retrievers
    2022 Reflection 303RLS
    2016 GMC Denali 3500

Comment

The dropped sensors happen on my iPad which was installed after the latest update.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Hey Jlawles2, if it was on the same iCloud account it might be a error that transferred from the phone. I will try maybe this weekend to see as well. I would recommend everyone who has this issue on the app dropping sensors or not reporting voltage or light status call Lippert as more people call they will get the app development team to review the app internally as the call volume will point them to an issue. And not just a one off guy with an issue.
        We live to serve our two Golder Retrievers
        2022 Reflection 303RLS
        2016 GMC Denali 3500

Comment

gtippett I only had the app installed on my Android phone. Just recently put the app on an old iPad that I had repaired (shattered screen). The App was not in my cloud account before installing on the iPad.
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

The TireLinc product is the Schwintek slide of tire monitoring, complete garbage and unreliable.
            2021 Reflection 278BH
            2002 GMC 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Todd_P View Post
              The TireLinc product is the Schwintek slide of tire monitoring, complete garbage and unreliable.
              Don't hold back.... tell us what you really think... lol

I do agree with you after a year and a bit of trying to get it to function reliably.
              2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
              Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

I gave up being a Beta tester. I just dont have the time and patience for unpaid field testing.

On edit: I actually do have the time, its the unpaid tester thing mostly, never seems to be a shortage of unpaid positions, offers come pouring in all the time.
                Last edited by familytruckster4; 06-06-2022, 07:41 AM.
                2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

FYI - As an update; I just called Lippert's support for this "dead" repeater problem I'm having. I have no lights, indicators, tried reset, etc.

It's 15 months old (hadn't even tried to use it sine December of last year). But since it's past the 12 month warranty, my only options are to buy a new repeater (only) module at $140-something (I don't recall the specific price, as I lost my focus when I started hearing "One Hundred Fort..."). As far as I'm concerned, there's no joy in re-purchasing some janky system at that price point. I really bought this system because GD already had the dock there--so I didn't do my diligence.

I might as well buy a better solution. Time to go search the forum for recommendations.

Oh, and I'd be amiss to identify my next classified, if interested please send me a PM.
                  Last edited by Country Campers; 06-08-2022, 06:15 PM. Reason: Please do not advertise items for sale here rule #10, I have edited you post.
                  2021 Imagine 2970RL
                  2021 F-250 (7.3L Godzilla V8)

Comment

Originally posted by gtippett View Post
                    Hey Everyone, Wondering if someone else has seen this with the TireLinc sensors within the Compass Connect App. With the new version (5.0.2), I lose connection to some of the sensors. It is random, as in might be a different one each time and sometimes it it upwards of three offline. They do come back. This is mostly a problem when we are at a campground. When we are moving, it isn't so bad, might lose one from time to time. It didn't do this with the previous version of the app. I figured I would post the question here before I call Lippert.

I haven't tried to relearn the sensors let. I don't want to touch them until I figure out if this is just me or if it an issue with the app and the app being impatient while waiting for the data.
                    I have found the same thing. Once I start to move it seems to be better but then I have only had 1 trip with it so far. Hope it stays that way since I don't mind losing contact when the trailer is sitting at the campground. I decided not to re-learn as it works while driving so far.

Rob
                    Rob & Barb
                    2022 RAM 3500 Big Horn, 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin
                    2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

Working...
                    X