Furrion 12 volt refrigerator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furrion 12 volt refrigerator

I just took delivery of a 22 Imagine 2500rl and refrigerator is not cooling but freezer is. It has been plugged in for over 24 hours and refrigerator is 60 degrees and freezer is 4 degrees. I thought 12 volt refrigerators were supposed to get cold faster than an absorption/gas refrigerator.
    What is possibly going on?

My guess is the cooling unit for the fridge , located on the back, is plugged and not receiving the proper coolant flow. From my expereince the 12 v dc Furrion does cool a lot faster, it takes ours about 3 hours. I would contact the dealer as this should be a warranty claim. These dc fridges are fairly new and we are all still learning about them.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

In addition to what Brian suggested, there are a few other items which may cause this issue.

1. Placing large quantities of warm food in the refrigerator will cause it to take longer to cool.
      2. Make sure the thermostat is set to "Max". The wording on the thermostat can be confusing. Min = highest temperature setting, and Max = lowest temperature setting.
      3. If the ambient temperature is above 109°F the refrigerator may not cool as well.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

My Furrion 16 cu-ft has to have the fridge turned on separately from the freezer.
        Unlock the keypad.
        Press and hold the "Fridge" button label for about 6 seconds to turn on the fridge. The "--" display for fridge should then change to a temperature.
        It happened to me. The freezer was -8F and the fridge was 76F.

Chris
        Chris and Pat
        2023 Ram 3500 6.7 Aisin, DRW, Auto Flex Air Ride, B&W Hitch
        2022 Reflection 303RLS

Comment

Originally posted by racer4 View Post
          My Furrion 16 cu-ft has to have the fridge turned on separately from the freezer.
          Unlock the keypad.
          Press and hold the "Fridge" button label for about 6 seconds to turn on the fridge. The "--" display for fridge should then change to a temperature.
          It happened to me. The freezer was -8F and the fridge was 76F.

Chris
          That's terrific info to add to our shared knowledge. Thanks for that.

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thanks for the responses. But It is still not cooling. It has been three days, freezer is freezing, I put some food in there thinking it might help, but it did not. Also my fridge did not have any switch or button in the freezer. I will be contacting Grand Design. Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by mlcookaz View Post
              Thanks for the responses. But It is still not cooling. It has been three days, freezer is freezing, I put some food in there thinking it might help, but it did not. Also my fridge did not have any switch or button in the freezer. I will be contacting Grand Design. Thanks again
              Do check to be sure that the refrigerator door is closing completely. I have the same rig/refer as you do, and I've been running it for a couple weeks now at home (new trailer) and daily checking temps. The refer always was around 38 while the freezer was 0-5 or so, with temp setting at the midpoint (12 O'clock position). These are with trailer interior temps maybe 60 at night, high 80s in the day. Yesterday the frig part was about 60 while the freezer was -5! I can't positively say, but I believe the frig door was slightly ajar. The latch mechanism is, to put it politely, a weak design, which makes this easy to repeat. While I did adjust it a few weeks ago (one of the doors wouldn't latch at all), it seems to require pushing down on the latch while shutting the frig door. I may do away with their latch altogether, and put some sort of travel lock system on them. I'll report back after a few more weeks. I see no other explanation for colder than normal freezer, warmer than normal frig, since it is just one cooling system on these 10 c.f. ones.
              Ottertail, Minnesota
              2022 Imagine 2500RL VIN 573TE3029N6637046
              2022 Ford F-150 Lariat, SuperCrew, long box, max tow

Comment

Originally posted by mlcookaz View Post
                Do you get a response from the refrigerator on the display while following racer4 's directions in post 4?
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Do you get a response from the refrigerator on the display while following racer4 's directions in post 4?
                  I don't believe the OP's frig has that control - the 2500RL's use the 10cf frig. Only control is a rotary knob inside the frig section, unless it is well hidden
                  Ottertail, Minnesota
                  2022 Imagine 2500RL VIN 573TE3029N6637046
                  2022 Ford F-150 Lariat, SuperCrew, long box, max tow

Comment

Working...
                  X