Furrion Fridge Won't Cool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furrion Fridge Won't Cool

I have a 2022 Transcend xplor 32bth. Turned the fridge on 18 hours ago and still not cooling. I wanted to pre cool before we started the teip. Checked fuses, have power. Does anyone know what the problem may be? I was reading about solor power and something about a battery for the fridge. Someone help please. We leave for our trip today. Brand new never used for camping yet .

Originally posted by Amymay View Post
    I have a 2022 Transcend xplor 32bth. Turned the fridge on 18 hours ago and still not cooling. I wanted to pre cool before we started the teip. Checked fuses, have power. Does anyone know what the problem may be? I was reading about solor power and something about a battery for the fridge. Someone help please. We leave for our trip today. Brand new never used for camping yet .
    Is the light on in the fridge?

Are you on shore power or battery power?

Is the battery disconnect on or off?

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

Is the light on in the fridge?

Are you on shore power or battery power?

Is the battery disconnect on or off?

Brian
      Brian, how do I see all of that ? I am new to this brand of camper. We went from a 2009 Outback to this transcend xplor. My old one was propane and or electric so I just clicked a button lol this one is just to fancy lol

Comment

Brian, how do I see all of that ? I am new to this brand of camper. We went from a 2009 Outback to this transcend xplor. My old one was propane and or electric so I just clicked a button lol this one is just to fancy lol
        When you open the fridge door and turn it on there should be a light on inside the fridge. The brand name of fridge will help.

In the front storage compartment on the passenger side there should be a red key switch, this is the battery disconnect. Push the key in and turn to the right, this mesns there is battery power to some things in the rv. The fridge gets battery power directly from the battery, or so it should. If the disconnect switch is off then the battery may not charge while on shore power.
        Shore power is when you plug the rv into a post at a campground, same as your previous rv.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Do you have any lights that work in the rv?

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

The light is on when I open the fridge. It is a furrion fridge . I am out here looking now at the power buttons inside the stoage unit

Comment

I tried uploading a picture to this but it will not let me , of the battery unit inside the storage unit

Comment

I found the battery in the storage compartment it has , agm, sealed and lithium should I have it on lithium ? I am hooked up right now to my home electrical.

Comment

Amymay Hi Amy, I moved your post to its own thread to get you some better attention. Brian has given you some good first steps, the charger you're describing sounds like your solar charge controller, that switch should be set for the type of battery you have, but that's probably not your issue if you have shore power connected.
                  Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
                  2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                  2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Thank you so much!!

Comment

Thank you so much!!

No problem. There's a fuse hidden behind the fridge that can go sometimes, but I think if it is blown your light won't work. I'm pretty sure if you have a light but it's not cooking it's a problem in the fridge itself. Hopefully someone with more experience on that fridge will have another idea.
                      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
                      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Thank you i appreciate it

Comment

Do you hear it try to kick on when you turn the dial all the way clockwise? These fridges have slow start tech in them so it doesn't just kick on all at once. You can hear it ramping up to speed.
                          2022 Imagine 2600RB
                          2016 Sierra Denali 1500

Comment

Our friends just bought a new Reflection and found that the lights and fridge (Furrion 12v) worked well but the fridge faulted out over night. As you are guessing, the battery disconnect was "off" (disconnected) The strange part is, why would the solar charger be down stream of the disconnect? I would assume that it's main function is to charge the battery. When in storage, the battery will go dead if the disconnect is off (disconnected). The dealer was not trained on this design and was no help.

Comment

Working...
                            X