Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tv auto on when plugging in to site power post!??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tv auto on when plugging in to site power post!??

Arrived at the Pinery yesterday and plugged trailer in. Loud noise coming from trailer and I found both the radio and TV on! Controls for both were off when starting trip. Tried to turn tv of with remote but it would not respond. Finally was so embarrassed I pulled the plug on tv but did get radio turned off! Anyone experience this?
    Laura, Trevor's partner 2022 GD Imagine 2600RB- May 4

Originally posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Arrived at the Pinery yesterday and plugged trailer in. Loud noise coming from trailer and I found both the radio and TV on! Controls for both were off when starting trip. Tried to turn tv of with remote but it would not respond. Finally was so embarrassed I pulled the plug on tv but did get radio turned off! Anyone experience this?
    This is a common issue with the televisions and easily fixed. Many TVs have a setting in the menu to automatically power up when power is applied. It's very useful when you have a bank of TVs for display purposes such as in a retails store.

The fix is to find the setting and turn it off in the menu selection. Sometimes it's called "Store" mode. If you can't find the setting to change, let us know the make and model of your TV and someone will be able to provide the info on how to change it.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer View Post
      I don't have this problem and haven't seen a step-by-step solution to those of you that HAVE had this problem. Every time it comes up I go searching for this magical setting on my TCL TV.

One thing that I've noticed in my searching is that ANOTHER DEVICE can turn on your TV. If you have a Blu-Ray player plugged into the HDMI port and the Blu-Ray player comes on, there is a TV setting that says to turn the TV on if that device comes on. You say that the RADIO comes on as well. Maybe that is what is triggering the TV to come on as follows...

Most TCL "fix-it" articles mention the following area for a solution Settings>System>Control other device (CEC)>Search for CEC devices. This screen will show you which devices are plugged into your TV.
      They also mention Settings>System>Power but I don't see anything that would address the TV coming ON automatically. This is an area to look at if your TV turned OFF on its own.
      Settings>System>Advanced system settings>Factory reset>Factory reset everything. I would do this if I couldn't find a solution and the problem really was annoying. It removes all of the apps you downloaded and all of your accounts to those apps including your passwords. I guess before I would do that I would unplug everything that goes into the TV except the power cord and see what happens at the next campsite.
      Pat and Karen
      2021 Solitude 310GK, Full Body Paint, Dual Pane Windows, Heat Pump, Slide Toppers, Solar, MORryde 7K IS w/Disc Brakes, Splendide W/D Stacked Pair

Comment

Yup, my TLC TV did the same thing, it was a setting in there for sure. Since it's at the shop getting the slide and the Refer looked at, I can't walk you to the setting, but it's in there. In fact, during the PDI, the guy told me about it and that it could be changed in the settings...

Good luck

Comment

Oldtimer As TucsonJim said above. Without looking through old post, it seems to me on some models you have to do a master reset to turn off the demo/store mode.
          2022 Momentum 397THS-R 12/3/2021
          Traded 2021 Reflection 337
          2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW
          Formerly M&K337

Comment

Look for something called DEMO mode. I think on our TCL I had to do a factory reset then it asked me if I wanted DEMO MODE. Told it NO.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

I fixed the same problem with my tv by going into the menu and selecting factory reset.
              David&Leslie
              2021 Reflection 303RLS
              2019 Ram 2500 6.4L

Comment

Below is what I have in my files regarding steps shared by several folks over the months. Not sure if this is applicable to your challenge but wanted to share just in case:

Dan

"The issue is TVs sometimes get shipped in “Store” mode. Meaning, if it were displayed on a showroom floor, you flick the power and all the TVs come on. No need to turn on each TV individually.

So to fix this, you have to go into the Settings menu, go to Advanced Settings and do a Factory Reset. There are two reset options. I did the full reset and it worked. You have to start from scratch with your settings, so it’s a bit of a hassle but only takes a few minutes. Maybe the other reset option would work, but it appears that it only resets picture and channel settings.

When the reset gets going and reboots the TV, you will want to choose the Home use option. From there just follow the on screen guided setup. Note, if you have a lot of custom settings, you may want to take some pictures of your Settings menu screens before starting the reset. Once configured, you will see in the Settings Menu that there is now an option for Power. Nothing you really need to do there unless you want, as simply getting it out of Store mode and into Home mode solves the auto power-on issue."
                Dan & Carol
                2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
                2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Everytime I plug in my cable in I get a buzzing noise in all cable channels. It doesnt do it when I use antenna, any help will be greatly appreciated. I do turn the signal booster off. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyLight View Post
                    Everytime I plug in my cable in I get a buzzing noise in all cable channels. It doesnt do it when I use antenna, any help will be greatly appreciated. I do turn the signal booster off. Thank you!
                    Follow the cables around and look at all connections, I am sure there are some loose ones. Check all of the wall plates, the tv, the booster, there are lots of hidden connections to find.

Brian
                    Brian & Michelle
                    2018 Reflection 29RS
                    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
                    X