Furrion fridge issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furrion fridge issues

We purchased a 2022 Imagine 2500RL with a 12 volt Furrion fridge. Are all these 12 violts this noisy, this thing vibrates the floor when it starts and wakes you up in the middle of the night. It frooze everything, if turned down stuff is warm. Its serious downgrade from a 110/propane unit. Wondering if anyone else has these problems and how to resolve them

Originally posted by dklein View Post
    We purchased a 2022 Imagine 2500RL with a 12 volt Furrion fridge. Are all these 12 violts this noisy, this thing vibrates the floor when it starts and wakes you up in the middle of the night. It frooze everything, if turned down stuff is warm. Its serious downgrade from a 110/propane unit. Wondering if anyone else has these problems and how to resolve them
    Hi there, and welcome to the forum.

Click on the link below, then click on the FAQ section. There are a few questions related to noise. When I took a quick look, it may be a couple of things. The noise might be caused by the leveling legs not making proper contact with the floor,or the back of the refrigerator making contact with the wall.

https://furrion.com/products/10-cu-f...n-refrigerator

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I could hear mine running but it wasn't louder than a domestic refrigerator.

I had a problem with the lower door not latching correctly. The latch landed below the catch on the frame. The freezer door latched okay. I looked at it and thought the latch was not located correctly. The lower door could be lifted up about 1/8 of an inch and then the door would latch correctly. I took the doors off their hinges and found 2 nylon shim washers on the bottom hinge. I added a third and that brought it up so it would latch. It even works better with the little clip that holds the door open.
      Tom H. Bedford, VA
      RVing for 30+ years 4 fifth wheels and one motorhome

2021 F250 SB - Fifth Super Duty
      Reflection 280RS

Comment

We just purchased a 2023 GD 260RD and have the same issue with our 15.6 cu.ft fridge. Very disappointed at the noise. In addition, the doors keep coming open while driving. I want the old gas/110 volt back!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Toddyj View Post
          We just purchased a 2023 GD 260RD and have the same issue with our 15.6 cu.ft fridge. Very disappointed at the noise. In addition, the doors keep coming open while driving. I want the old gas/110 volt back!!!
          I must have one of the good ones....it's the 15.6 cu ft double door models. We love ours way better than any of the propane ones we've had in the past. It's super quiet, very efficient, and is easily locked shut with the elastic strap that holds both doors shut. I'm averaging about 4A per hour for the battery draw.
          40-year Camping Enthusiast
          2022 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS with tons of upgrades
          2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC LB SRW D-Max 3865 Cargo Capacity

Comment

Could you post a picture of the elastic strap? Ours didn't have any. Thanks

Comment

Yes, I will take a pic this evening and upload.

Comment

Here you go....simple and effective.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230807_162238.jpg
Views:	598
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	118049
                Attached Files

Comment

Thank you!!!

Comment