21 Grand Design 24MPR dometic fridge dripping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 21 Grand Design 24MPR dometic fridge dripping

Dometic fridge has condensation around the trim edge and drips from the bottom. The water is not coming from the inside of the fridge and the roof isn’t leaking either. It’s all condensation and ruining the wood around it. This is only the 5th night I’ve used it. It’s really bad on gas and have to keep a towel down in the floor. Everything outside in the venting looks normal.

Originally posted by cca410 View Post
    Dometic fridge has condensation around the trim edge and drips from the bottom. The water is not coming from the inside of the fridge and the roof isn’t leaking either. It’s all condensation and ruining the wood around it. This is only the 5th night I’ve used it. It’s really bad on gas and have to keep a towel down in the floor. Everything outside in the venting looks normal.
    There is a tube on the back that is in a drip tray which should be stuck through a hole in the outside lower cover.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

We had a similar problem when we started out and it turned out to be the lack of sealing around the door. Do the paper test on the door(s) seals (close the door with a sheet of paper or dollar bill between the seal and the frame, the seal should "grip" the paper). May need to shim to get a tight seal. Also check and make sure door(s) are latching shut. If double door with a swinging baffle in the middle, make sure baffle is swing all the way over when door is shut.
      John
      2018 Momentum 395M
      2018 Ram 3500 Dually
      Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

There is a tube on the back that is in a drip tray which should be stuck through a hole in the outside lower cover.

Brian

All the factory drain hoses are intact and where they’re supposed to be. All this condensation is around the front and dripping out the edges. Not coming from the inside, it’s dry. It has me stumped

Comment

Can you please provide the model number of your Dometic refrigerator?

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Dm2882lbfx 2020 year model. All seals around the door seem to be pretty tight. Passes the paper test.

Comment

If I'm reading post #4 correctly, the condensation is on the exterior of the fridge. This would seem to point to point to high relative humidity, warm ambient temperature, and cool surface temperature on the fridge. Might try lowering the humidity with a moister absorber (DampRid for example) or with a dehumidifier.

It still seems strange that you would have condensation on the exterior of the fridge, particularly if the seals are tight. What else it could be is beyond my experience.
              John
              2018 Momentum 395M
              2018 Ram 3500 Dually
              Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Originally posted by JBill9694 View Post
                If I'm reading post #4 correctly, the condensation is on the exterior of the fridge. This would seem to point to point to high relative humidity, warm ambient temperature, and cool surface temperature on the fridge. Might try lowering the humidity with a moister absorber (DampRid for example) or with a dehumidifier.

It still seems strange that you would have condensation on the exterior of the fridge, particularly if the seals are tight. What else it could be is beyond my experience.
                It stumps me. I have noticed it’s a lot worse on the gas setting than the electric side. I had a similar experience with a yeti cooler one time. The bottom would condensate and soak the seat it sat in. Finally figured out the injection foam didn’t get in the bottom and it was hollow. They sent a new cooler. That’s almost what this is like, no insulation on the fridge

Comment

Working...
                X