Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Furrion fridge problem

Good day kind folks.
    I too am having cooling problems with a 10 cu ft fridge.
    I have a transcend xplor 240 ml The fridge keeps cycling on and off every 30 secs
    the battery looks good and have been on land based power for 3 days now.
    Fridge has been running a temp of 52-54 and the freezer is around 15-20.
    That is not cold enough.
    I have tried all the manual and info booklet trouble shooting ideas but still not working right.
    I don't have any electrical knowledge so doing in-depth work myself is out of the question
    Still landlocked at home due to waiting on parts to fix the oven and wall panels. Bought this in June and have never taken on a camping trip.
    going to live in full time soon we hope.
    Need ideas on what to do.
    Thanks Allen

Edit: Fixed title spelling for future searches.
    Last edited by Cate&Rob; 07-31-2022, 01:15 PM.

Moderator Note: According to Grand Design there is no recall on Furrion refrigerator wiring. This is to the best of my knowledge (after consulting with Grand Design) as of 1 Aug 22.) -Howard

Folk's I picked up my unit from the dealer two days ago, plugged it in and my fridge is not cooling. Be advised the light is on but no cool. I checked all circuits, breakers, and fuses all check out ok. News Flash,,,, I called the dealership and they said oh yeah, they have a recall on the 8 & 10 cu/ft models. Issue: GD used 12Ga wire and its blowing the compressor fuse. The wire needs to be 10Ga and the fuse needs to be replaced. Said it would be 4 hrs to replace. Pass the word!!!
    Last edited by howson; 08-01-2022, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Allenmoser

"Battery looks good" does this mean that it is fully charged?

Even on shore power make sure that the red battery switch key is in and turned so that it can not be removed, and please let us know the actual battery voltage.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Interesting about the wire size. I had trouble with ours not cooling as well as I expected. I read the install manual and discovered the wire was undersized, and too long of a run. I put in a battery disconnect and ran heavy wire to it in the pass thru, then 10guage to the fridge and a dedicated 10guage ground. Only used once since that, leaving on a 3 week trip soon, hopefully it works.

Comment

Well according to the meter when I checked, it said 12.50 volts
          now when I turned the disconnect switch on, it reads 13.38 volts.
          ​​​​​​Thanks for the info on the recall.
          I will bring that up to the dealer if they ever call us when the parts for everything else gets in.

Comment

Thanks Brian,
            will post more about condition later if fridge cools down or not
            Appreciate all the advice/help.
            Last edited by Allenmoser; 08-01-2022, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kenny44021 View Post
              Folk's I picked up my unit from the dealer two days ago, plugged it in and my fridge is not cooling. Be advised the light is on but no cool. I checked all circuits, breakers, and fuses all check out ok. News Flash,,,, I called the dealership and they said oh yeah, they have a recall on the 8 & 10 cu/ft models. Issue: GD used 12Ga wire and its blowing the compressor fuse. The wire needs to be 10Ga and the fuse needs to be replaced. Said it would be 4 hrs to replace. Pass the word!!!
              According to a senior member at Grand Design Customer Service there is no recall as stated in your post. The dealer gave you inaccurate information. Please stop stating this inaccurate information in future posts. If the dealer continues to insist there is a recall, please have the dealer provide the document they received from Grand Design and post it.

In addition, the VIN in your profile is not recorded at Grand Design. If you believe the VIN is accurate and there's an error in GD's records, please take a picture of the sticker on your unit and post it here. (What year and model is it?)

Howard (Moderator)
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

See my posts on the other threads regarding poor cooling for the Furrion Artic refrigerator. I experienced similar issues but discovered that the ambient air temp inside the RV was too high. So I set my A/C to 81 degrees auto cool and since then my fridge has performed flawlessly - see attached graph. maybe your issue is the same.
                Attached Files
                2022 Reflection 295RL Fifth Wheel. 2016 Ford F-250 Short Bed Super Duty Diesel, with B&W Patriot Slider Hitch mounted on rails. Formerly owned a 2008 40 foot Damon diesel pusher and a 2016 30 foot Airstream Classic TT.

Comment

Thank you all for the info.
                  my indoor temp is set around 74-78 so that wasn't the problem.
                  It has been a day without anything in it and it cooled back down after the auxillary switch was turned on.
                  Still only 10 in freezer and 40 in fridge but that is ok by me.
                  I also called gd today and they said no recall that they know of.
                  Hopefully, we will be on the road soon.
                  Safe travels all

Comment

Working...
                  X