Refrigerator Door shelves breaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refrigerator Door shelves breaking

We have a Furrion FCR10DCGTA 12 volt refrigerator and the shelves that hook on the inside of the door keep breaking. These are very thin plastic and don't hold up to the light weight that we put in them. I'm curious if anyone else has had this problem and how they resolved it? GD and Furrion have replaced two of them but they continue to keep breaking.

I’m surprised Furrion replaced them since the instruction manual bizarrely tells not to put food in the refrigerator while traveling.
    John & Kathy
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by timandbarb View Post
      We have a Furrion FCR10DCGTA 12 volt refrigerator and the shelves that hook on the inside of the door keep breaking. These are very thin plastic and don't hold up to the light weight that we put in them. I'm curious if anyone else has had this problem and how they resolved it? GD and Furrion have replaced two of them but they continue to keep breaking.
      We have used ours for a year now and have not broken one yet, I know what you are all thinking.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Our door shelf broke on our last trip. Need to check with the dealer on whole fridge replacement for a different reason, so maybe it won’t matter for us.
        Tim H.
        2022 Imagine XLS 23BHE
        2019 Ford F250 Platinum 6.7L Diesel
        Formerly: 2016 Ford F150 Lariat Super Crew, FX4, 3.5L EB, 6-1/2' bed
        Formerly: 2019 Keystone Passport 175BH

Comment

Thank you all for your response. I must say I have not read the manual. I am very surprised that they would tell you not to travel with food in the fridge. That is very bizarre!!! I have been working on some reinforcement with some polycarbonate and epoxy. I just hate to modify one thing and then it causes something else to break. I even went as far as installing a shock kit on the axles to cut back on the impact from our Illinois highways that are so terribly maintained. Our fridge is all the way in the back and I think the teeter tawter effect makes the articles in the frifge bounce even more

Comment

Originally posted by timandbarb View Post
            Thank you all for your response. I must say I have not read the manual. I am very surprised that they would tell you not to travel with food in the fridge. That is very bizarre!!! I have been working on some reinforcement with some polycarbonate and epoxy. I just hate to modify one thing and then it causes something else to break. I even went as far as installing a shock kit on the axles to cut back on the impact from our Illinois highways that are so terribly maintained. Our fridge is all the way in the back and I think the teeter tawter effect makes the articles in the frifge bounce even more
            My DW uses expansion rods (the inexpensive things you can buy at any big box store) to hold items in place inside her refrigerator. Heavier items go near the bottom. She has a large residential refrigerator and (remarkably) so far nothing's been broken inside.

I agree 100% with the "bizarre" characterization of the caution in the Furrion's manual. (I had to go read it myself--couldn't believe they'd actually put that in an RV refrigerator's instruction manual.)
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Putting that in the manual is about like saying remove all weight from the unit before travel. I understand them saying to not travel with the unit on gas (have ran on gas for years during travel days) as the newer units with side exits vs roof do operate a bit different, but really remove food before travel.
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
              X