No power to furion backup camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No power to furion backup camera

So setup my new amazon Furion compatible backup camera, works when I wire it in the house and test with display, but nothing at all when connected to the trailer. So I meter the prewire, no power. Next I connected the truck and had it in reverse with lights for truck in auto. Have not tried with lights on in manual, is this necessary? Checked all the fuses in the panel and all are good.

Originally posted by Rolf View Post
    So setup my new amazon Furion compatible backup camera, works when I wire it in the house and test with display, but nothing at all when connected to the trailer. So I meter the prewire, no power. Next I connected the truck and had it in reverse with lights for truck in auto. Have not tried with lights on in manual, is this necessary? Checked all the fuses in the panel and all are good.
    When connected to trailer is the battery cut-off switch on or off?
    Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Depending on the TV, you may need a power adapter for the camera. Newer trucks use PWM for the lighting but this does not provide enough power for the camera.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

The lights probably need to be on in the TV to power the camera. Mine runs off the trailer running lights.
        2019 Ford F250 Lariat Diesel
        2019 Reflection 315RLTS

Comment

Turn on your TV marker lights manually. The prewired mount gets power from the trailer marker light circuit. Our F150 supplies ample tower when it’s markers are on. Turn them on manually during the day when the auto setting doesn’t turn them on.
          2022 3100RD
          2019 F-150 V6 Twin Turbo 10 speed
          Over 55 years TT towing

Comment

Originally posted by acoleman43 View Post

When connected to trailer is the battery cut-off switch on or off?
            I am having the same issue, My battery Switch was on when I was trying.

Comment

Originally posted by prnesbitt View Post
              I am having the same issue, My battery Switch was on when I was trying.
              See post 3 in this thread--what year and model tow vehicle?
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

It just needed to have the lights on and not in auto and it worked fine.

Comment

Working...
                X