Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Furrion back up camera with no view screen.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furrion back up camera with no view screen.

Is this an ala cart thing? How do you get to use it? Have to buy monitor screen separate?

A little more information would be great. For instance, is this on a new trailer/5th wheel? If so did you get the backup camera added on? I don't believe they come standard but as an add on. When you get the camera they come with a screen of varying sizes depending on the cost. What you are probably seeing is the camera mount minus camera. The mount IS standard.
    2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab w/Cummins 6.7L Diesel
    2022 GD Reflection 150 series 260RD
    https://gdrvowners.com/core/images/smilies//waving.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Richard O View Post
      Is this an ala cart thing? How do you get to use it? Have to buy monitor screen separate?
      If your looking at the black mount on the back, that is all it is, just a pre-wired (power) mount. You will need to buy tha camera and monitor separately. BTW I got rid of my junky Furrion and went with https://www.visionworkscameras.com/p...system-rv-pack Is working very well with just a few glitches at speed.
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

More information would certainly help, but with what we have I can take a stab at it being a part of the OneControl system. The camera requires the 7way to be connected for power and then you have to use your phone to scan a QR code on the camera.

After all of that, you'll get a terrible picture quality, have issues with connectivity, lose power regularly because of variances in truck/trailer wiring. And then you don't ever use it again after the first time. That's what I did with mine anyway. Lol.
        David and Deana
        2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4, CC, SRW, 6.6L L8T Gas, MYD 6-Speed
        2022 Reflection 303RLS w/ Gen-Y Executive Gooseneck Hitch

Comment

I ordered my Furion system before we got our 5th wheel home and had it ready to mount. I've had only one issue with it. no problems with connectivity, view is very clear. Only problem I have is the viewing angle at 120deg. Same as the one Yoda went with I may add.
          The Rv is prewired tied into marker lights as has been mentioned. just remove the protective plate on the mount and using the same screws, mount the camera. Mount the screen in the cab of tv, plug in,(with 7 pin connected to rv) turn on marker lights and go.
          2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab w/Cummins 6.7L Diesel
          2022 GD Reflection 150 series 260RD
          https://gdrvowners.com/core/images/smilies//waving.gif

Comment

Working...
          X