Furrion Tankless Water Heater Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furrion Tankless Water Heater Error

While camping this weekend our Furrion tankless water heater controller beeped and then displays Ec? Pressing power or turning power off at water heater and back on doesn't change anything still displays Ec? According to the manual all error codes have E then a number. The water heater still worked the remainder of the weekend just nothing on the control display other than the Ec. Any suggestions?
    Howard & Lynne
    2021 F250 6.7L Power Stroke
    2022 Reflection 260RD

No personal experience, but a quick internet search indicates that this may be a gas flow problem. Possibly low pressure. Might want to check and make sure you have 11" WC of pressure.
    John
    2018 Momentum 395M
    2018 Ram 3500 Dually
    Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Originally posted by JBill9694 View Post
      No personal experience, but a quick internet search indicates that this may be a gas flow problem. Possibly low pressure. Might want to check and make sure you have 11" WC of pressure.
      Let me suggest disconnecting the battery and shore power for 60 seconds to allow the system to reboot.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

So I disconnected battery and it indeed reset the error (for a minute) then right back to Ec. Next trip upon turning the power on no error (for a minute) then right back to Ec, water heater worked fine even with error on controller for the 4 day trip. After returning home I got a manometer from work and checked pressure. 11.96-11.97 with no appliances on, then 11.75-11.78 with the stove burning. I'm pretty sure it's not a gas pressure issue. Anyone had this problem?
        Howard & Lynne
        2022 Reflection 260RD

Comment

HowardC -- the manual doesn't show an "Ec" error code. The only listed codes are E0 thru E7. Can you clarify?

The pressure readings do appear fine, which I assume were taken at the output of the regulator? If that's where it was measured you've eliminated the regulator as an issue, but it's still possible there's an issue at the input to the heater itself (if the problem is gas related).

(Another) Howard
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Controller Display.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Error Ec.jpg
Views:	1067
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	96091
            Howard & Lynne
            2022 Reflection 260RD

Comment

Originally posted by HowardC View Post
              Controller Display.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	Error Ec.jpg Views:	0 Size:	114.0 KB ID:	96091
              Well...that's interesting. Furrion (in the past) was useless to try and call, but now that they are a subsidiary of Lippert perhaps they will provide an explanation. At minimum a call to GD Customer Service?

Doing a google search, the only reference I can find is on a Fogatti Tankless Water Heater on etrailer. Here's what it said:
              The EC code on your Fogatti RV Tankless Water Heater - Gas - Automatic Pilot - 41,800 Btu - Black # LSB44FR means the pilot light tried to ignite but could not due to low gas pressure.

If the control panel is displaying error codes then it is working and need not be replaced. The panel itself is not a replaceable part as is.

The unit needs an 11 inch water column, 11"WC, to ignite. I recommend getting a licensed technician to come look at it first.​

Again, worth a call to Furrion and/or GD to confirm. Please post what you find out.
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

HowardC

Interesting that there's a similar problem with Dmc112 (at least in the title of the thread). https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...ingle-zone-a-c

Comment

HowardCI got the best info from my local dealer and called GD customer service and they told me how to check to see which part is bad. But there is no info hardly on the internet, and some of these newer items from furrion are great, but really aren't out there enough or people are not posting to add to the knowledge base.

Comment

Working...
                  X