Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is "Refer Opt" circuit breaker in AC panel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is "Refer Opt" circuit breaker in AC panel?

Hello Again,

As I was starting to work through the design issues around installing an inverter, I noticed that circuit breaker #2, a.k.a. "Branch #1", was labeled as "Refer Opt". (See photo) Considering that our 22MLE has a 12v Furrion refrigerator, I'm wondering what a "Refer Opt" circuit could be. Is that supposed to be short for "refrigerator option" which indicates (to me) a 120v source available in the refrigerator cabinet area (in case I decide to upgrade to an absorption or three way refrigerator)? Or is it tell me to "refer" to some other "option"? I really am not interested in playing whack-a-mole by turning off the circuit breaker and trying to figure out the affected circuit.

Any ideas?

Melsman

Click image for larger version

Name:	AC panel labels.JPG
Views:	669
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	93312
    2023 XLS 22MLE towed by a 2017 F150. This is our fourth RV, though our first travel trailer.

Paul & Deb - Is your's wired this way, and if so, do you know what the circuit is for?

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
      Paul & Deb - Is your's wired this way, and if so, do you know what the circuit is for?

Jim
      Mine is labeled differently but I never investigated it when I was working on my upgrade. I was only dealing with the 120v source wiring. I guess I would provide the OP with the standard response of contacting Support with his VIN and see of they can tell him what's up.

This is how mine is labeled.

Paul and Deb Cervone
      2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
      2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD; 2015 Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
      2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW

Comment

I think you are correct that “Refer Opt” is a 120V line to the fridge compartment to be used if a fridge requiring 120V is installed. With the supply chain issues in the RV industry, they had to be ready for any style of fridge.

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
          I think you are correct that “Refer Opt” is a 120V line to the fridge compartment to be used if a fridge requiring 120V is installed. With the supply chain issues in the RV industry, they had to be ready for any style of fridge.

Rob
          I wonder if anyone reading this post had to pull out there 12v fridge and took any pictures. It would be great to see if there is a 110 outlet back there. If so, I would probably just leave that breaker off.
          Paul and Deb Cervone
          2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
          2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD; 2015 Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
          2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW

Comment

My Norcold is dual mode. AC 120v or LP gas. So there is an outlet behind the refrigerator.
            Ted
            2021 Reflection 310RLS
            2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

I always thought that was for the optional refrigerator if you happened to have an outdoor kitchen? If you don't have an outdoor refrigerator, it may not be connected.

I had the same circuit on my Momentum without an external refrigerator and it was labeled "Opt Ext Refer" and it wasn't connected. I used that circuit breaker/location for a new circuit I wanted to run.
              2020 Momentum 349M
              2019 F350 Platinum Super Duty
              U.S. Air Force Retired

Comment

As a follow up….

I’ve since pulled out the converter/power center during my inverter install and found the 15A “Refer Opt” circuit breaker is not connected to any circuit. It’s basically an unused breaker in the breaker panel.

However, I decided to make use of this 'spare' breaker and added a 20A convenience circuit to our 22MLE. For those interested, here is a link to what I did.

Melsman
                Last edited by Melsman; 09-04-2023, 11:57 PM.
                2023 XLS 22MLE towed by a 2017 F150. This is our fourth RV, though our first travel trailer.

Comment

Ours is for our outdoor kitchen fridge. Which is 120V only.
                  2023 Grand Design Imagine XLS 21BHE
                  2023 Ford F-350 12,000 lb GVRW w/tow tech package

Comment

Working...
                  X