Furrion backup camera & rear top marker lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furrion backup camera & rear top marker lights

Well, my TV monitor recently lost connectivity with it’s Furrion backup camera. Some minimal troubleshooting indicted the camera’s power source. In chasing the camera’s power source, I noticed all 5 rear top marker lights were out (all other marker lights are OK).

Where in the Reflection 303RLS is the junction on the wire run (white + green wire) that supplies power to those top marker light?

Thanks

B&D - 244

Originally posted by B&D-244 View Post
    Well, my TV monitor recently lost connectivity with it’s Furrion backup camera. Some minimal troubleshooting indicted the camera’s power source. In chasing the camera’s power source, I noticed all 5 rear top marker lights were out (all other marker lights are OK).

Where in the Reflection 303RLS is the junction on the wire run (white + green wire) that supplies power to those top marker light?

Thanks

B&D - 244
    Cate&Rob or other 303 owners--can you answer?
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

As we all know . . . wire routing is not documented anywhere for Grand Design products. They route wiring through channels left open in the foam insulation during wall construction . . . but, where these channels are is a mystery. Several years ago, someone managed to rip the back wall off their Reflection 303 or 337 (I am not sure which). I captured that photo which shows tail light wiring above the RV floor and below the interior floors of the cabinets in the back two corners. In the picture, there are a couple of wires dangling from the roof area . . . but, I don't know where they came from or are going to. I have dropped the coroplast at the back bumper (on our 303RLS) looking for tail light wiring and it does come down the street side frame rail before disappearing up into the rear corners as shown in the picture.

Rob

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_14168.jpg Views:	3 Size:	133.3 KB ID:	93959
      Last edited by Cate&Rob; 09-03-2022, 04:22 PM.
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Cate&Rob Rob, did you get a story as to how the back wall came to be non existent???
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
          Cate&Rob Rob, did you get a story as to how the back wall came to be non existent???
          As I recall, they caught the corner on some obstruction (fuel station maybe?) and pulled it off. The back wall is only held on with wood screws . . . not a bolt & nut to be found.

Rob

Cate & Rob
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Cate&Rob
            ​​​​​​​Help me a bit. I'm missing something in the picture. You say wiring on the street side? I don't see wiring on either side. I think I see trim hanging on the curb side - I suppose street side in the picture because they are parked wrong way on the street? Or you just saying you found the signal wires on the street side frame on your trailer?
            My camera has been going off every now and then and I may end up wanting to know where those wires are too.
            2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
            Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

Scott'n'Wendy
              Hi Scott,

Under the trailer, the wiring to the tail lights comes down the inside of the left (street) side frame rail. I discovered this on my 303, this is not visible in the pictures of the trailer with the missing rear wall. Since this has garnered some interest, I will post some more pictures from that event. You will be able to see the wiring in the aft rear corners more clearly in these additional pictures. These pictures were posted elsewhere in March 2017 . . . I do not know who they belong to.

Rob

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3250.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	93968 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3251.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	93969 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3385.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	93970
              Cate & Rob
              2015 Reflection 303RLS
              Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

On my 303RLS, this is the "wiring harness " located above the coroplast at the left rear corner, that contains the wires going to the rear brake and marker lights. I do not know how/where the marker light circuit goes up the back wall.

Rob

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3838.JPG
Views:	369
Size:	171.1 KB
ID:	93972
                Cate & Rob
                2015 Reflection 303RLS
                Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thanks for the added pic Rob. I would suggest to the OP, after ensuring there are no blown fuses, I would go after it by getting into the two end cabinets beside the couch. Which may include moving the couch to be able to remove the cabinets. It looks like the wiring is inaccessible unless the cabinet is moved or if the floor of the cabinet is removable?

Comment

Rob, I see you paid a premium to get the 'extra tidy' wiring under your trailer....

I realize the wiring is no better or worse than other RV manufacturers, by why all RV manufacturers insist on sticking with that kind of wiring baffles me.

Comment

The marker lights are typically "daisy chained" along the door side frame and there appears to be some creative license applied to the way the wiring is run.
                      I would start by removing the right tail light and looking for a loose connector there. I would then move to the right upper marker and again check the connections.
                      If this doesnt yield anything I would then move to the left tail light and check it, moving to the left upper marker lamp. On both of our GD trailers the markers were all on one circuit which would indicate a bad connection somewhere upstream from those 5 lamps.
                      When I replaced the markers on our Imagine there were several connectors that were done poorly and the wires pulled out very easily.
                      Last edited by familytruckster4; 09-07-2022, 10:21 AM.
                      2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Originally posted by familytruckster4 View Post
                        The marker lights are typically "daisy chained" along the door side frame and there appears to be some creative license applied to the way the wiring is run.
                        I would start by removing the right tail light and looking for a loose connector there. I would then move to the right upper marker and again check the connections.
                        If this doesnt yield anything I would then move to the left tail light and check it, moving to the left upper marker lamp. On both of our GD trailers the markers were all on one circuit which would indicate a bad connection somewhere downstream from those 5 lamps.
                        When I replaced the markers on our Imagine there were several connectors that were done poorly and the wires pulled out very easily.
                        I agree. Probably a better first step rather than removing the end cabinet.

Comment

I replaced the tail/brake lights on my reflection with bigger units and the wire connections were not very robust, If I recall there was a marker light wire running off of that gang of wires.
                          2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Working...
                          X