Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2400BH Bedroom Fan

Hi…looking for any advice.

Added a Maxxair to the main vent in our 2400BH and it’s been awesome. Want to add something to the front bedroom to help move more air in their at night. I pulled the shroud from the front vent and found the wires for the lighting. Problem is, you have to have the lights on to get power to those runs.

Any thoughts on the best way to tackle this one?

Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	55648E32-C238-4F72-9CFC-BF62F9601CFB.jpeg
Views:	311
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	93525
    Attached Files
    Bob-O
    Imagine 2400BH | Champion 4650 Dual Fuel Generator | Solar Package | 200ah EnduroPower Lithium
    2020 Ram 1500 Laramie | 5.7L w/eTorque | S&B CAI | 3.92 Axle | 6'4" Box | 4x4 | 2" Mopar Lift | SnugTop
    Northern Colorado​

Bobbybob Try turning on the Maxxair fan and opening the bedroom vent. The Maxxair fan will pull air through the open vent in the bedroom. If you choose to install the fan, you will need to open the other vent or a window to allow for the fan (s) to draw in fresh air, otherwise the 2 fans will fight each other drawing a slight vacuum in the camper (or pull air in from the basement)
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Bobbybob -- unfortunately GD did not prewire that location (as you're well aware). Running a new wire from the Power Distribution Center (with appropriate fusing) to run the new fan is almost impossible due to the laminate construction of our walls.

If having this powered fan is a "must do", the only outside-the-box option I can think of is running wire along the ceiling. (Google "hiding wires on a wall" for lots of ideas how to hide the wires.) Connect the wires for fan power to a 120vAC to 12V "brick" that can be plugged into the wall. Obviously the "brick" will have to have a rating sufficient for the fan. (The adapter for this laptop I'm typing on is rated for 90W at 20V. Find one with the appropriate ratings for the fan and it should work fine.)

Please do the forum the favor of documenting what you do should you choose to tackle this project.

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I’ve got a 23BHE and am in a similar situation. Added MaxxAir to living space where we already had a fan wired in. Easy swap there. For the bedroom, it’s close enough to the living fan that I plan to fish wires through the attic and tap into the same 12v feed from the living space fan.
        Tim H.
        2022 Imagine XLS 23BHE
        2019 Ford F250 Platinum 6.7L Diesel
        Formerly: 2016 Ford F150 Lariat Super Crew, FX4, 3.5L EB, 6-1/2' bed
        Formerly: 2019 Keystone Passport 175BH

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbybob View Post
          Hi…looking for any advice.

Added a Maxxair to the main vent in our 2400BH and it’s been awesome. Want to add something to the front bedroom to help move more air in their at night. I pulled the shroud from the front vent and found the wires for the lighting. Problem is, you have to have the lights on to get power to those runs.

Any thoughts on the best way to tackle this one?

Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	55648E32-C238-4F72-9CFC-BF62F9601CFB.jpeg
Views:	311
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	93525
          If the wires are loose enough you could use the existing lighting wiring to pull an additional wire down to the switch to pickup a unswitched hot leg for the fan. That is what I did for the ceiling fan in my bunkroom.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
          2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
          2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Thanks, all. Might be more of a project for the spring. She is all winterized and put away for the winter. Like the idea though of trying to fish it back through.
            Bob-O
            Imagine 2400BH | Champion 4650 Dual Fuel Generator | Solar Package | 200ah EnduroPower Lithium
            2020 Ram 1500 Laramie | 5.7L w/eTorque | S&B CAI | 3.92 Axle | 6'4" Box | 4x4 | 2" Mopar Lift | SnugTop
            Northern Colorado​

Comment

Working...
            X