Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PMX-1 issue - Unable to control volume from iphone

Here is a new one.

On our 2021 376THS-R, we had the Rockford System and it did exactly what I wanted it to do. I was able to bluetooth from my phone to the PMX-1, and I also had independent volume control meaning - I could set the PMX-1 volume to level '20', and could then use my phone volume up/volume down buttons to control sound level sent from my phone to the PMX-1.

On our 2023 395MS-R, we also ordered the Rockford System, but things are different. We still get the GD Splash screen. However, I have LOST being able to control volume using the volume buttons on the phone. I am aware that I CAN control the PMX volume settings via the RFConnect app but it is ridiculous to have to switch apps to control volume. I have no appetite to use the RFConnect app.

Any ideas?
    Current: 2023 Grand Design Momentum 395MS-R. FBP, dual pane windows, 3rd A/C, heat pump, Fosgate, etc.

Truck: 2015 F350 DRW Platinum - Black.

Previous: 2021 Grand Design Momentum 376THS-R. FBP, dual pane windows, 3rd A/C, heat pump.

Originally posted by shaferz View Post
    Here is a new one.

On our 2021 376THS-R, we had the Rockford System and it did exactly what I wanted it to do. I was able to bluetooth from my phone to the PMX-1, and I also had independent volume control meaning - I could set the PMX-1 volume to level '20', and could then use my phone volume up/volume down buttons to control sound level sent from my phone to the PMX-1.

On our 2023 395MS-R, we also ordered the Rockford System, but things are different. We still get the GD Splash screen. However, I have LOST being able to control volume using the volume buttons on the phone. I am aware that I CAN control the PMX volume settings via the RFConnect app but it is ridiculous to have to switch apps to control volume. I have no appetite to use the RFConnect app.

Any ideas?
    We have a 2022 390RK with the RF PMX-1. The only app I have used is the RFConnect App. You state that you do not want to switch apps, I am not sure what other app you are referring to.that would connect to the PMX-1.and allow volume control. Only using the RFConnect App, I can control the PMX-1 volume from my phone volume buttons. Note: I do NOT have an iPhone.
    Tim and Terri,
    USAF Retired/Veteran.
    F350 DRW Towing a Solitude 390RK-R

Comment

This has now frustrated me to the point of contacting Customer Service. The day before we traded in our 376THS-R, independent volume control worked on our iphones, and the day we took delivery of the 395MS-R, we noticed this did not work on the new rig.

So, nothing changed on our phones. Either the PMX-1 hardware changed, or the custom GD software on the PMX-1 has a setting changed somewhere that we can not get to.

I asked GD to put me into contact with someone who could help us track this down. Will let everyone know what we find out.
      Current: 2023 Grand Design Momentum 395MS-R. FBP, dual pane windows, 3rd A/C, heat pump, Fosgate, etc.

Previous: 2021 Grand Design Momentum 376THS-R. FBP, dual pane windows, 3rd A/C, heat pump.

Comment

Update:

Finally after 3 weeks got a reply from Grand Design. I was simply told "I would recommend reaching out to Rockford Fosgate directly to see if there are any potential troubleshooting processes they may have."

Talked to Grand Design who predictably told me that the units have custom firmware (which I already figured out), and they couldn't really offer much support. The RF contact did mention that he has seen a PMX-1 have a bluetooth issue previously that was addressed via a firmware update, however, that was with the stock RF Firmware, not the custom GD firmware. So, he gave me a contact first name and a phone number, but the phone number was a bit of a dead end... it was not tech support related.

So, I replied to GD to let them know and again ask them as politely as possible to put me in contact with someone who knows these units and can figure out what is going on.

Comment

Update again: thanks to another thread, i was able to acquire some older firmware... for uhhh.... testing purposes. Also was able to finally get ahold of someone at R&D/Progressive, who is getting me in contact with Kyle.

So a few different ways this could go. Will update again as I know more.

Comment

Update: For anyone looking at this thread, DO NOT UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE UNLESS YOU RECEIVE EXPLICIT INSTRUCTIONS FROM GD TO DO SO. IC chips were changed at some point in the PMX-1's and they are incompatible with the older firmware, which will end up bricking the units.

More info to come.

Comment

shaferz did you ever get anything figured out? It appears today that the RF Connect app updated on my phone and now I have absolutely no control of volume with the PMX-1 via the RF Connect app on my iPhone.
              Scott & Mikaela
              2022 375 RES
              2020 F-350 DRW

Comment

Working...
              X