Opinions on GD Premium V4 Rockford Fosgate speaker upgrade with amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on GD Premium V4 Rockford Fosgate speaker upgrade with amp

My wife and I have a 2022 Momentum 351m that came with the "Premium V4 Rockford Fosgate Speaker Upgrade with Amp and Internal and External Speakers". While I do know that there IS AN Amp and exterior speakers, we are NOT impressed with this system. We barely get any sound at all on the exterior speakers and I feel those should really blast if you so choose to do that. Quite honestly, it's difficult to even figure out how to control the sound. The main stereo unit under the TV leaves a lot to be desired as far as controls and options go. Does anyone have any better experience with this system? How do you control the sound through the speakers? Did you find a good app to control the stereo unit? Any input would be appreciated. This forum is fantastic!
    Jay
    New Market, VA
    Momentum 351M being pulled by an F-350 SRW

I have the 2020 349M with the Rockford Fosgate System and Jensen head unit. While the amps and speakers may be fine, the head unit has never worked reliably. The Jensen app is not great and the CD/DVD player has never been able to read a disc? I searched for a better replacement head unit over a year ago but unfortunately, nothing was available. Had I known, I would have optioned them off when I ordered the RV.

If you are barely getting sound, I'd make sure the amps are powered up and the fuse is good. They get hot and I disconnected mine to save power but if they are not powered, that would explain the low volume. Mine are located in the upper cabinet next to the head unit. Are they warm to the touch?

I installed my Bose soundbar and satellite speakers and have been using them instead. I would love to get some use out of the preinstalled amps/speakers so I'll be interested to see if anyone has found a better head unit.
    2020 Momentum 349M
    2019 F350 Platinum Super Duty
    U.S. Air Force Retired

Comment

Many moons ago, I replaced a malfunctioning iRV unit with a Furrion Model DV3100 (2016 to give a rough timeline). At the time, the Furrion seemed to be much more vs what was in there. You might want to look into their newer line of units to see if they are any better.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

There is also probably a gain knob on the Amp, check for that and crank it up to 11.
        David and Deana
        2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4, CC, SRW, 6.6L L8T Gas, MYD 6-Speed
        2022 Reflection 303RLS w/ Gen-Y Executive Gooseneck Hitch

Comment

For aftermarket, the Bose systems have a small footprint and have amazing sound. We use an older Bose stand alone unit for camping and a 700 system for home. They also have a new 900 series for those that want Atmos.

Jim

Comment

I modified ours recently. (well, just the exterior). I added a Kenwood bluetooth amp that I run from my phone. I replaced the 2 rockford speakers with JL audio's and added 2 more at the back of the unit. The outside is now fully independent from the inside. It's not the 1000+ amps, 15 speaker quality from my car audio days but it really sounds good and is louder than I'll ever need it and we have had it cranked up while camping at the race track.

https://www.kenwood.com/ca/car/marine/kac-m5024bt/

https://www.jlaudio.com/collections/...speakers-93513
            Jim & Heidi
            2021 Solitude 375RES-r
            2024 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW

Comment

Working...
            X