Imagine Refrigerator cooling fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagine Refrigerator cooling fans

Has a anyone installed the twin cooling fan kit their Imagine TT with gas/120/VAC refrigerator?

Roy C.

Yes, I have installed the beechlane twin 140mm fans on the outside vent of my Dometic 2882 refrigerator. Initially I did this because in high heat my fridge was barely keeping 45 degrees during the day. Eventually it would recover overnight, after I installed the fans I really saw no difference, the Dometic 2882 has a small fan installed just below the condenser from the factory that turns on via a fixed temperature switch, the switch is a common failure point from my research, it activates the fan at 140 degrees. I pulled my fridge out and tested the switch with a heat gun and found it was faulty, I ordered a new one that is for a norcold that activates at around 130 degrees, still to high. Tested the new switch with the heat gun and everything was working fine, I noticed that the mounting bracket for the factory fan had a cut out for a second fan. At first I was going to order another fan and wire it with the other one, but did more research on how the fridge works and that the more heat you remove from the condenser fins the better the refrigerator will work, so I took the twin beechlane fans and mounted them just below the roof vent for the refrigerator so they would pull air through the side vent up through the condenser fins. With the thermistor pinned as high up as you get it on the fins inside the fridge and the temp control set on 5 the fridge will now cool down in the low 30's at night and has stayed below 40 during the day even on 90+ degree days, my freezer compartment stays at -1 steady. I also installed a dinosaur electronics thermistor override switch and fine tuned the temp on the fridge to maintain below 40 with the temp control set on 4. This was all done with the fridge running on electric, switching over to gas produced slightly better performance, I was able to cool the fridge down from 90 degree ambient temps in 8 hours to below 40 with the fans running on high. Hope this helps, pulling the refrigerator was simple.
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2022 Ford F-350 4X4 CCSB

Comment

Originally posted by RCriswell View Post
      Has a anyone installed the twin cooling fan kit their Imagine TT with gas/120/VAC refrigerator?

Roy C.
      One thing to double check is the position of the inside fridge temp probe. For colder the tip should be at the top of the outer fin. On my unit it had slipped down. I am still working on a bit of testing on the position and correlating the fridge/freezer temps.
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
      X