Stereo volume issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereo volume issue

When playing the Furrion DV3200 stereo in our 2017 303RLS Reflection fifth wheel, the volume is considerably different between the inside and exterior speakers. Turning the volume up in order the hear music outside results in the music blaring inside. Has anyone experienced this issue and, if so, was there a fix? Thanks!

same issue with my 2013 Solitude. I looked into the reciever controls for balance correction, but nothing there. I eventually gave up and would turn off the inside speakers or sit directly beneath them outside.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Zoerb View Post
      When playing the Furrion DV3200 stereo in our 2017 303RLS Reflection fifth wheel, the volume is considerably different between the inside and exterior speakers. Turning the volume up in order the hear music outside results in the music blaring inside. Has anyone experienced this issue and, if so, was there a fix? Thanks!
      The fix is to stand either inside or out. Sorry I couldn't resist.

I have this same issue on my 2017 Imagine where the speakers are sized differently between the inside and outside. We do typically use one set to help with this issue but mostly use a stand alone Bose unit for outside which sounds so much better than what this system can deliver. JBL also makes nice units.

Jim

Comment

All 3 of my trailers had the same issue. One too low to hear, the other would make you deaf,.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
          All 3 of my trailers had the same issue. One too low to hear, the other would make you deaf,.
          Output difference from the head unit or impedance difference in the installed speakers?

I'd think swapping the outputs on the back of the unit could answer that question.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

howson I think it has a lot to do with the exterior speakers and the space volume that they are trying to move the air in. Placement, aim, and size of the speakers have a lot to do with the SPL.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

That is pretty dumb that you can't control volume via zone. Whatever system is installed in my 320G will allow me to adjust all 3 zones independent of each other.

Not the most ideal setup, but something like this may be your best solution: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1

If you put the inside speakers on the control you can turn it down when you run the outside speakers.
              2020 GD 320G
              2021 Ram 3500 H.O. SRW.

Comment

Working...
              X