Refrigerator shifted in slide out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refrigerator shifted in slide out

Noticed the fridge has shifted. There's a large gap on the right side and almost none on the left side. What's more concerning is it seems to be leaning backwards into the slide. It sits proud a good few inches on the bottom but at the top it's angled further back.

I don't think this was the original fridge intended for the space. I've seen a few of these models pictured with the wood paneled fridges that look like they filled the whole space with no gaps and the trim to match the rest. as well as a silver model of this black furrion we got. I suspect the supply chain issues that affected the industry is how we ended up with this particular fridge they just made do with.

My concern is it not fitting the space properly and isn't secure but most of all the leaning backwards. I didn't notice it after we towed it, it appears to have happened over time maybe from us opening and closing the doors as it rocks it shimmied it's way over.

It is definitely a very heavy fridge I can't get it to budge with what we have in it now and honestly it's not a whole lot of food so it's a beast of a fridge for sure. Once we get it emptied out I'll center it again with some help lol and try to shim it up on the sides to help keep it in place. But my main concern is why it's leaning backwards into the slide? Could it be too heavy or causing the slide to sag? Maybe the floor inside the slide isn't level?

When we leveled the camper, testing whether the door on the fridge closed by itself was one of the things we checked and got it dialed in so it didn't. But sure enough its closing on itself again. But our levels are pretty much where they were when we leveled the jacks. Definitely the fridge itself because the angle backwards is visible (see photos attached) this leaning appears to be a recent development not sure why it happened.

Thanks for any advice and hope everyone enjoyed the camping season; - Danny
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Danny88; 09-27-2022, 06:21 PM.

Danny88

For securing the refrigerator in place, the Furrion manual states,

For mobile applications, it is imperative to determine a sufficient securing method to prevent sliding and tipping of the appliance during transportation. Furrion is not providing sufficient mounting methods, but providing guidelines to consider when evaluating.​

The manual goes on to state,

It is acceptable to use brackets to mount to the body’s front frame of the fridge and the floor to hold the fridge in place.

There's a large warning to NOT use screws and a graphic showing the suggested brackets. There's also Top Restraints mentioned. I've attached the manual for your convenience. Why GD did not incorporate these into your installation is a question for Customer Service (their phone number is on the home page, right side in the "business card").

I don't see any method to level the refrigerator (like an adjustable foot) so I no idea why the refrigerator looks like it is tilting back. Removing the 'frig and inspecting the floor of the slide for damage (or inspecting from underneath) is something to consider.

Howard

Furrion Arctic 12v 15.6 cu. ft. - Furrion.pdf

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

We had to take ours to a repair facility to have the refrigerator secured in place. GD refused to pay for the repair and would only send out some additional small brackets, which didn’t fit. The brackets had to be modified to work. With additional bracing, the refrigerator is now solid in place.

Click image for larger version  Name:	B242EA74-1D24-4EE4-B292-EA10D01992E7.jpg Views:	0 Size:	45.4 KB ID:	96749

Click image for larger version  Name:	55F984FD-575D-4639-9B6E-3A2524E86636.jpg Views:	0 Size:	44.2 KB ID:	96748
      Last edited by Resauers; 10-11-2022, 09:18 AM.
      2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
      2021 Ford F250 Lariat Short Bed
      Reese 16K

Comment

Working...
      X