Update Multiplus Firmware via the VRM Portal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update Multiplus Firmware via the VRM Portal

WARNING -- updating firmware in a Victron Multiplus is for the adventurous soul willing to accept risk. I've successfully done this routine at least five times without an issue, but that doesn't guarantee you won't have an issue.

The reason I'm posting this document is because if YOU had successfully executed an update and documented the process I'd want to see it. So the attachment below is what I'd send to myself. (That sounds weird, eh?)

Updating Multiplus Firmware via the VRM Portal v1.pdf

Howard

P.S. Several forum members provided constructive feedback and their inputs are incorporated in the document (thanks, guys!).
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

For us non-Victron Multiplus users, what in heaven's name is this all about?

Comment

TNFSolitude lol fair enough. Victron releases updates to their firmware (basically the software running inside their equipment) on occasion. Bug fixes, sometimes feature updates etc. Got most of the devices we use these are applied automatically when you connect with your phone. The BMV and Solar Controller for instance pop up when you open the app and force the update, the Multiplus inverter however you normally have to connect a laptop in order to the the update. They now allow you to do it through their VRM cloud interface to save you from having to dig out a cable and plug it into the inverter.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Fantastic resource! Thank you for creating the document. Have you tried to do the firmware upgrade via an iPhone/bluetooth/wifi? The screens seem to be very similar but not sure how to do the backup file.

Comment

Originally posted by Sneeder View Post
          Fantastic resource! Thank you for creating the document. Have you tried to do the firmware upgrade via an iPhone/bluetooth/wifi? The screens seem to be very similar but not sure how to do the backup file.
          You're welcome.

I've updated the CCGX via the manual method (explained in the owner's manual) with a memory card, but other than that it's been through the VRM portal online.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
          X