Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCI Wifi - Nube questions

Hi all,
    New coach and learning about the Tech. I have knowledge of home Wifi and computers, but this RV stuff wifi...not at all.
    It has two warts on the ceiling. One is the Winegard 360 Gateway location. The other has LCI WiFi on it and is installed near the OneControl Touch panel.
    Let's talk about the LCI WiFi..
    What is the LCI Wifi? .I took the cover off and it had two wires with plugs.
    Does this mean the coach is "pre wired" for SOMETHING? If it is prewired for something, what is the something?
    There is also a flat black circle on the roof. I think it said something to do with wifi (it was getting windy, so I got off the roof).
    Is the LCI WiFi similar to the Winegard Gatweay?
    Does the LCI WiFi allow your phone to talk to the OneControl?
    Also, what more do I have to buy for the LCI Wifi (if anything).

Any help would be great.
    Thanks.

2022 Momentum 381MS
    2024 F-350 Platinum DRW
    Reese Elite 27K Puck System
    Garmin RV890 & DashCam 57

Bear with me. I don't have these new-fangled devices in my 2017 rig. But I'm attaching a couple of LCI documents that might be helpful. The first is the LIppert WiFi on the go Manual:

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd_0001295.pdf

The second is the WiFi on the Go support page. If you click on the links, you'll find a ton of info.

https://support.lci1.com/electronics...wifi-on-the-go

I hope this gives you a start on understanding some of the capabilities that are available.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Jim,
      Thanks for the info.
      I forgot to add in my OP that is searched around on Lippert, LCI and GD sites for info.
      Does not help that I have zero literature on the OneControl, except the 5 pages in the manual for an older rev of the system.
      Think I am gonna give Lippert a call.

Thanks, again.
      2022 Momentum 381MS
      2024 F-350 Platinum DRW

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
        Bear with me. I don't have these new-fangled devices in my 2017 rig. But I'm attaching a couple of LCI documents that might be helpful. The first is the LIppert WiFi on the go Manual:

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd_0001295.pdf

The second is the WiFi on the Go support page. If you click on the links, you'll find a ton of info.

https://support.lci1.com/electronics...wifi-on-the-go

I hope this gives you a start on understanding some of the capabilities that are available.

Jim
        TucsonJim,
        Thanks for the response.
        I am so new I did not know what to ask.
        I was looking for the OneConnect gatweay to talk to the camper's OneConnect touchpad with my phone.
        I found the gateway and connected to it and I can talk to the camper.

The LCI WIfi-on-the-go is a whole other problem.

Thanks, again.
        2022 Momentum 381MS
        2024 F-350 Platinum DRW

Comment

Where did you find the one connect gateway ? I’ve been looking all over for it ! Thnx !

Comment

Sorry for the late response.
            Mine was located in the pass through. I removed a panel on the passengers aft side inside the compartment.
            Realize that this is on my 381MS....others may be different.
            Hope this helps.
            2022 Momentum 381MS
            2024 F-350 Platinum DRW

Comment

Raven's Roost, LCI just means: LCI stands for Logical Channel Identifier (See: https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics...ogical-channel). Basically, It's a method for handling data over and LTE (Long Term Evolution) system like 4G LTE which makes the scheduling and download of Songs, videos, and other internet request much faster.

For any 4G LTE system you should not need the company's data plan for the 4G to work. I've looked over the specs for the Winegard 360+ 4G/LTE antenna is just that a 4G LTE Antenna. You do not need to buy Wineguard's data plan as a 4G LTE antenna receives and send on any 4G LTE signal.

I bought a Pepwave dual band Cellular router w/Wifi from Mobilemusthavecom that connected to my Furrion Batwing 4G LTE Antenna. Furrion insisted that I use their Cellular router and (overly expensive and under powered) data plan. However, I bought un unlimited data plan form Visible and then hook my Cellular router to Master / Slave connectors coming from the Furrion, tapped into the prewired 12v line, and powered the router on. I connected to the router via my cell phone, entered my Verizon phone number, logged in with my Verizon username and password, followed a few other configuration suggestions from Mobilemusthave, the router connected and started serving WiFi to my camper. It has a radius of about 90ft which is more than enough to serve wifi to the Truck while we're going down the road.

Comment

The LCI Wifi plate on the ceiling is for a new product yet to be launched. I have one and have been testing for Lippert. The item looks exactly like the Winegard gateway and has the same functionality as the original Connect Anywhere. Same plan offering for offsite control, $10/m, and plans for data which are still too expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Raven's Roost View Post

TucsonJim,
                  Thanks for the response.
                  I am so new I did not know what to ask.
                  I was looking for the OneConnect gatweay to talk to the camper's OneConnect touchpad with my phone.
                  I found the gateway and connected to it and I can talk to the camper.

The LCI WIfi-on-the-go is a whole other problem.

Thanks, again.
                  I'm in the same situation. Moving from a 2022 Momentum 399 to a 2023 336. In my 399 there was the twin antennas on the roof and the modem and router in my pantry that connected to the One control system. However, when I went up on the roof of the 336, I observer the same round wifi disk that you did but did not see the twin antennas anywhere. I was assured that this new unit has the system to control my components over the internet with newer hardware that uses the large disk on the roof and not the antenna array I had on my 2022

Did you have the twin LCI antennas on your roof along with the bigger dish or just the dish?

Comment

Working...
                  X