Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No hot water only luke warm

Hi,
    So i have a 2022 Grand Design explor 265 BH, first time using it I had hot water on propane. Now the last 5 times using it its only luke warm. I have not just tried the propane but will today. Any of you know what the issue might be ? I see alot of problems with hot water in the Grand Designs. Thank you

Hi Chad,
    Welcome to our Grand Design Owners Technical Forum.

The most common cause of the issue you describe is leaving the outside shower faucets open with the hose removed or shut off. This allows the cold and hot water to mix before getting to another hot water fixture. Just make sure that these outside mixing faucets are turned off.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

What type of water heater do you have?

I would agree with the above to be the first thing to check.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Chad W View Post
        Hi,
        So i have a 2022 Grand Design explor 265 BH, first time using it I had hot water on propane. Now the last 5 times using it its only luke warm. I have not just tried the propane but will today. Any of you know what the issue might be ? I see alot of problems with hot water in the Grand Designs. Thank you
        Hi Chad -- you've gotten good advice already so my purpose is to suggest reading the the Welcome Letter to New Members here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

It should help you get the most from your time here on the forum and show you how to set up your signature line. Again, welcome!

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

So I haven't changed anything from the start, there is a hookup fir a hose . I haven't changed that and had hot water the first time using it. Is there something else I'm missing ? Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Chad W View Post
            So I haven't changed anything from the start, there is a hookup fir a hose . I haven't changed that and had hot water the first time using it. Is there something else I'm missing ? Thank you
            Take a picture of that hose hookup you mentioned, Chad, and please post it here. Are there a hot and cold faucets at the hookup? Though you may not have changed something, could "little hands" have gotten in there and twisted them?

What water heater (make and model) is in your Transcend?

Howard
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
            X