200MK Wiring Diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200MK Wiring Diagram

In the course of upgrading my 200MK battery bank and solar, I made a wiring diagram of my starting point, the OEM wiring... I hope it's helpful. It does explain a few mysteries of the OEM wiring...
    • The refrigerator is direct wired to the battery. It would be fine on the power distribution panel (PDP) directly, there is actually a fuse reserved and labeled for it, but it would overload long (~25 foot) run of 8 AWG Grand Design uses. If it was wired directly to the PDP, the battery to PDP wire would need to be 6 or 4 AWG.
    • That same 8 AWG which is fine for distributing 30 A of DC power in the trailer, and the 30 A self resetting breaker (that two-post thing on the A-frame) will be undersized if you upgrade the battery bank, or have a drained battery. Then the shore power charger will put out close to 55 A back to the battery.
    • The "disconnect switch" only disconnects the PDP from the battery. The solar will still charge your battery, refrigerator, and try to run your tongue jack.
    • There is no solar panel (PV) disconnect (there should be).
    Again, hope it's helpful to you all. This is the 2021 model. No warranty, I believe it is accurate, but verify.

Click image for larger version

Name:	200MK OEM Wiring.png
Views:	696
Size:	222.4 KB
ID:	100832
    Attached Files
    - Eric P. (2021 Transcend XPLOR 200MK)
Working...
X