Lithium batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lithium batteries

Hello All! I’m looking at replacing my AGM batteries with lithium batteries. But, I really don’t want to put out the money for BattleBorn’s. Are there any batteries that anyone would recommend or shy away from? And, how many would you recommend? We would like to make it so we could at least run the A/C in the bedroom eventually. We currently only have the stock 330 watt panel on the roof of our 390RK-R.
    Thanks for your help!
    Randy & Allison

I have 630 ah of lithium batteries and they will run my 15k btu A/C for about 5 or 6 hours straight, just to give you an idea of what may be needed. The SOK 206 ah batteries are getting pretty popular. I have the Lion Energy UT1300's and they are working great. A battery with a good BMS is important.

Brian

PS: Welcome to the Forum, have a read of our Welcome Letter to New Members
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I agree with Brian that SOK are a good battery at a good price point. The Lion Energy batteries are also good batteries at a good price point.

With one 15K ai conditioner running and 800 ah of batteries our SINGLE AC will run about 6-7 hours without any solar. With solar it can extend to about 9 or even 10 hours...but will be dead by night. If you do want to run your AC for an extended period of time, you will have to invest in a large battery bank and solar array.
      Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Originally posted by RV_Stickrod View Post
        Hello All! I’m looking at replacing my AGM batteries with lithium batteries. But, I really don’t want to put out the money for BattleBorn’s. Are there any batteries that anyone would recommend or shy away from? And, how many would you recommend? We would like to make it so we could at least run the A/C in the bedroom eventually. We currently only have the stock 330 watt panel on the roof of our 390RK-R.
        Thanks for your help!
        Good Morning and welcome to the forum. When you get a chance, check out our welcome page and it will give you information on adding your signature so we know a little more about you. Here's a link:
        https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

There are literally several dozen lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4) battery manufacturers in the market today. Some are quite reasonably priced and pretty good quality too. If I was in the market for new LiFePO4 batteries, I'd subscribe to Will Prowse's channel on Youtube and check out his videos. He frequently purchases some of these batteries and does an in depth analysis on them, including cutting them open to evaluate the build quality. Here's a link to Will's channel:
        https://www.youtube.com/@WillProwse/videos

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

We installed two 300Ah Enduro LiFePO4. Customer service is excellent! These batteries are made for durability; they pad the interior cells for vibration resistance. Not a bad idea to use in a trailer, since they say when you tow the trailer the impact is equivalent to a tornado inside a hurricane. 😉
          Steve & Pat
          2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE; 2021 Ram1500; e2 Hitch 800
          1200W Solar; 600Ah LiFePO4; 3000W Invrtr; 30A DC-DC​

Comment

I want to install 2 100ah batteries. I believe my house charger will not support lithium. But my solar charge controller has a lithium selection available on it. Will it top off my lithium batteries when my house charger doesn't?
            Thanks
            USN Engineer Retired
            2020 RAM 2500 CC 6.7 Cummins
            2022 GD Reflection 315RLTS

Comment

Originally posted by markandkim View Post
              I want to install 2 100ah batteries. I believe my house charger will not support lithium. But my solar charge controller has a lithium selection available on it. Will it top off my lithium batteries when my house charger doesn't?
              Thanks
              Your question was discussed at length in this thread: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/solar/7...ock-controller

There are a plethora of threads on this forum with in-depth discussions on converter replacements. I found the thread above by entering this search criteria in Google: lithium +"solar charger" stock converter site:gdrvowners.com

Hope some of the info above helps...

Howard
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by RV_Stickrod View Post
                Thanks for your help!
                I am watching what SOK is up (my current choice for my future project) to and an expert on the battery subject is Will Prowse https://www.youtube.com/c/WillProwse. He actually tests and tears apart lithium battery's. The industry is changing so rapidly, that its hard to keep up. Will is a good source for that.

Keith
                2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Yoda Keith, Lion has rectified UT1300's for pretty cheap. Still carry the lifetime warranty. https://lionenergy.com/products/lion...e7c65ce7&_ss=r

OOPS spending someone else's money again....
                  Joseph
                  Tow
                  Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                  Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                  South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
                    Yoda Keith, Lion has rectified UT1300's for pretty cheap. Still carry the lifetime warranty. https://lionenergy.com/products/lion...e7c65ce7&_ss=r

OOPS spending someone else's money again....
                    Don't worry about me - I am probably 4 years out - only when my 6V bank starts showing its age. At the rate Lead acid keeps increasing in price and Lithium keeps deceasing, the choice will be easy. Everything else is all ready to go as its all lithium compatible - just a bit of programing.

Keith
                    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Yoda I grabbed a set of the SOK 48V Server Rack Batteries for a backup power project at my house I am doing. They were on sale for Black Friday and so far I am impressed. Hoping to have it up and running soon, I will let you know if I have any issues.
                      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
                      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
                      X