Let see your pics or hear your stories on your hardwired EMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let see your pics or hear your stories on your hardwired EMS

I installed a Progressive Industries hardwired EMS in my last trailer. I was considering doing the same for my new 297RSTS.

Anyone else do this on their Grand Design? Any pitfalls or lessons learned? Success stories?

Thanks.
    Ron
    Ron
    2023 Reflection 297RSTS (Mid-Year Change)
    2022 RAM MegaCab 2500 Laramie, 6.4L Hemi

Originally posted by ron045 View Post
    I installed a Progressive Industries hardwired EMS in my last trailer. I was considering doing the same for my new 297RSTS.

Anyone else do this on their Grand Design? Any pitfalls or lessons learned? Success stories?

Thanks.
    Ron
    I have the same one in my 2600RB. It has performed flawlessly (near as I can tell) especially during the horrendous storms we experienced this past summer in the northeast Colorado plains.
    Mike and (RIP Karen)
    2021 2600RB
    2011 Tundra 5.7 DC

Comment

Thanks.
      Ron
      Just recently installed the PI 50A EMS with remote in my 303RLS as part of some other electrical system upgrades, inverter install, and etc. So far-so good. Followed the instructions--everything was pretty straightforward, and it seems to work awesome. I installed the actual unit inside under my kitchen hutch drawers and then the remote screen in the side compartment near the Nautilus where all my connections come in so that I can see what's going on when I plug the RV into shore power.
      40-year Camping Enthusiast
      2022 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS with tons of upgrades
      2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC LB SRW D-Max 3865 Cargo Capacity

Comment

Thanks.
        Ron
        A lot of us have installed the hardwired Progressive in our units. I documented an install here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...a-2019-315rlts

TucsonJim has the same trailer--he may have some specific advice for you.

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Not a progressive industries and not technically hardwired. I went a hybrid route so I can pull it out of the system if needed. I went this way because I have seen one fail.
          Attached Files
          Jim & Heidi
          2021 Solitude 375RES-r
          2024 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

A lot of us have installed the hardwired Progressive in our units. I documented an install here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...a-2019-315rlts

TucsonJim has the same trailer--he may have some specific advice for you.

Howard
            Unfortunately on the 297 the RSTS, the area where the electrical power comes in is located in the hutch. This area is very tight and there's not a lot of room to install the EMS. I believe there is a spot near the floor near the breaker panel, but it will be kind of tight.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20137983_10211335606638906_373386639_o.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	173.4 KB
ID:	102023

Jim
            Jim and Ginnie
            2024 Solitude 310GK
            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Hughes power watchdog in a 31MB. underneath the drawer in the bunk room and behind the storage passthrough bulkhead.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2503.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	102349
              Nels & Vanessa
              2022 Reflection 31MB
              2022 Chevy 3500 4x4 SRW Standard Bed Duramax, BW OEM non slider hitch custom 7000 axles w dual panhard rods and G rated tires.

Comment

Hughes power watchdog, 31MB as well, installed just inside passenger side basement access. My basement is now known as the doghouse!
                Attached Files
                Blair & Shelly
                2021 Reflection 31MB
                2019 Superduty Platinum 6.7
                Manitoba Canada

Comment

Our 2021 303rls has a perfect spot behind the screwed-shut door to the right of the fridge. The shore power comes in there, and plenty of room to mount the EMS above it.

I chose Progressive, but Hughes is another good choice. No issues after 2 years fulltime, and it's done its job a number of times.

(white tube in front of picture is one of 2 blaze-cut fire suppression tubes)
                  Mark & Kim Donnell
                  Donnells On The Road!
                  Fulltime since May 2021, somewhere in America, with our cats Iris & Rose.
                  '21 303RLS + '20 Chevy 2500HD diesel.
                  Our long RV Mods list (ask!) -
                  https://tinyurl.com/MyRvMods

Comment

Just finished my Watchdog PWD50-EPO-H install in the basement storage left side. Would have been very easy install but...who the heck tightened up these lugs in the transfer switch box? Popeye after two cans of spinach?!? Guess that's good, no worries of loose lugs causing hot spots or worse. Nice Bluetooth monitoring feature. Also cut a small access hole in the panel to keep an eye on any water problems and slide my portable water monitor puck on floor behind panel
                    2023 Momentum 351MS pulled by Casper, Tri-Coat Platinum 2012 F350 Super Cab single RW 4WD. Toys: 2003 Screaming Eagle Deuce, 2003 Screamin Eagle Roadking, 2017 CVO Ultra Limited. Secured in garage with B&W Biker Bars.

Comment

Working...
                    X