Where to connect the + / - Lynx 1000 DC to the Grand Design DC Busbar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to connect the + / - Lynx 1000 DC to the Grand Design DC Busbar

I have a 2023 280RS and am installing solar including a Victron multiplus II, Lynx 1000 DC busbar, etc... I am trying to figure out the best place to connect the Victron Lynx 1000 DC wires (+ / -) to the Grand Design DC nest of wires (see below image). I have indicated on the below diagram some notation to indicate the wire source / destination and where I am proposing attaching the DC wires to feed the Grand Design DC destinations.

I have included 2 yellow circles where I believe it would be best to connect but will confirm with a probe and tone tester between these points and the DC panel in the RV. I will be removing the Grand Design shunt in the diagram since i will have one as part of my solar upgrade.

If anyone else has completed such a project, i would be very interested in where they connected from the new solar DC electrical to the existing Grand Design DC electrical.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	278
Size:	627.8 KB
ID:	102428
    2023 Reflection 280RS, GMC 2500 Sierra Diesel

I removed the stock battery connection and installed the new battery positive from the Lynx in the same position on the mini breakers. If you remove the stock battery disconnect, I would recommend this, you may need to add a jumper to where the battery disconnect returns to the mini breakers. You can add a main disconnect between the Lynx and the mini breakers or between the batteries and the Lynx, I have both installed. You should also have a disconnect between the the Lynx and the Multiplus. Below the mini breakers there is a group of wires in the foam. Look for the white wires which are ground wires and we have found that these are connected with a wire nut. I have removed the wire nut and mounted a ground bus bar in that location to attach all grounds to.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I would recommend you look up Nate Yarbrough on Youtube as well as his website. He gives some great explanations on how to install your Victron equipment to the fifth wheel. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6546.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	145.8 KB
ID:	102439
      David&Leslie
      2021 Reflection 303RLS
      2019 Ram 2500 6.4L

Comment

OP,

What I see in the picture is a SHUNT for the current battery monitor. You could either swap the Lynx for the SHUNT or tap inline with the shunt including using the power wires for the shunt.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
        X