No announcement yet.

Short circuit or surge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dgerfan I did the same as Howard. When I did my install the SPS was backordered and I did not want to wait. I grouped up the loads I wanted on the inverter and put them all on one phase (they all still totaled well below 50A), and ran just that phase through the inverter. I got a 10" (maybe 8" I forget) junction box and brought the output of my hard wired surge protector into that, in there I split out the hots, and sent one to the inverter. I brought the output of the inverter in there. I tied the neutrals together and grounds together (bit still sperated from each other) in there (as well as a ground to the box), and sent the hot coming out of the inverter, L2 from shore,a neutral, and a ground to the panel. Has worked great for over three years.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
    X