One or two batteries standard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One or two batteries standard?

Our rig came with 2 battery boxes that are screwed closed and we thought we had two batteries, but in checking out a hydraulic fluid leak, we just discovered one of the boxes is empty, although it is fully vented and installed as if occupied. I have a message in to our salesman (no response yet) and cannot find any specifics as to whether we are supposed to have two batteries or one. Any suggestions?
    Mike and Linda with Molly and Betty Boop
    2023 Solitude 310GK-R, Onan 5.5 propane generator, autoseek Directv satellite dish, 300 watt solar panel system
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum Crew Cab 6.7 V8 Diesel, SRW 4WD

Having the "R" model , which designates residential, GD does provide 2 battery boxes because the unit has an inverter installed to operate the fridge when not on shore power. I would guess that the dealer should have installed 2 batteries, not sure why they did not do that. Grand Design does not supply batteries from the factory, this is dealer installed.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

retiredmomof3

If you're going to primarily stay in one spot and will have access to shore power it won't be critical to have that second battery. (Prepping you in case that's the response from the dealer.)

If you'll be on the road a lot, stop at rest areas, and are contemplating "boondocking" to save money on occasion, having that extra battery is imperative. Even if your RV has solar--get the second battery.

I suggest carefully considering an upgrade to LifePO4 batteries if the budget will allow and sell the one you have. Check out TucsonJim 's primer on batteries here: Battery 101 presentation to learn more.

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
      X