Generator won’t turn over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Generator won’t turn over

I’ve started my generator before. Now it won’t start. I remember hearing the ats click first. Or am I just missing something stupid. It cranks but won’t turn over. Gas is full oil is good. 349m

Originally posted by dietrick.dan@gmail.com View Post
    I’ve started my generator before. Now it won’t start. I remember hearing the ats click first. Or am I just missing something stupid. It cranks but won’t turn over. Gas is full oil is good. 349m
    How long since it last ran? If not run regularly (there's criteria in the manual) the ethanol in fuel can gum up the carburetor and foul up the fuel system.

I'm far from an expert on RV generators, so just speculating...wish I could be more help.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Verify that fuel is getting to the generator. You may need to flush out the lines.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Your initial comment was contradictory. "cranks" and "turn over" mean the same thing. Are you saying that the starter engages and turns the motor when you attempt to start it ? and then it doesnt fire ?
        If thats the case then the advice already given is sound. I would add though that once the fuel issue is dealt with I would put a new spark plug in it also, testing for spark while turning the engine over would also be a wise choice. .
        2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Working...
        X