Lithium battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lithium battery

Have 2023 imagine xls 17. My lead acid battery not holding charge. How do I replace with lithium? What wattsge? Is my camper set up for lithium? Recommend a lithium battery. Thanks

Originally posted by Revvic12 View Post
    Have 2023 imagine xls 17. My lead acid battery not holding charge. How do I replace with lithium? What wattsge? Is my camper set up for lithium? Recommend a lithium battery. Thanks
    Hi Revvic12,
    This forum has a plethora of threads on this topic. If you'll spend a few minutes reading the Welcome Letter you'll learn how to search for what others have done. (Hint: use Google or DuckDuckGo to search, restricting the results to this forum. Example: lithium site:gdrvowners.com or consider battery site:gdrvowners.com )

For a primer on batteries, check out TucsonJim's Battery 101 presentation in the Electrical Section's Reference Library.

For a specific battery recommendation, a lot of us here consult Will Prowse's website. (Will has an extensive YouTube channel and website that covers RV electrical topics.) Check out https://www.mobile-solarpower.com/li...batteries.html

Howard
    Last edited by howson; 01-09-2023, 12:28 PM.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

First welcome to the site.

On other thing to check is why your stock battery is not taking (OR GETTING) a charge. Somewhere on your unit is a battery disconnect switch. It has a red removable key. Make sure that switch is ON. The red key needs to be pushed in and turned to the ON for the battery to charge. In the on position the key can't be removed. Second place to check is in your distribution panel where the circuit breaker are. There should be one labeled "converter". Make sure that breaker is on. Last thing to check is the converter plugged in and working if it is a stand alone model. Some are built in to the bottom of the distribution panel. A way to check is with battery disconnected (cable removed from post) and plugged in to shore power do you have 12V. Also get your battery load tested - with a new trailer it should still be under warranty.

BTW - when you do check your converter, write down the model number. That will help to determine if it is lithium compatible. It needs to be to fully charge a lithium battery.

BTW I currently running 4 - 6V golf cart batterys - when they fail, I will also be going lithium. SOK brand is currently on the top of my list, but the industry is changing so fast that may change. Will Prowse does a lot of testing and tear downs https://www.youtube.com/@WillProwse

Hope this helps
      Keith
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Welcome!

This is how I performed the conversion on our Imagine. 99% of the work was done outside the rig and on a bench. Painless project. We use an AIMS battery which is performing perfectly. There are many other brands that are performing well for others here where you do not need to overspend to have a quality battery.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...-lithium-power

Jim

Comment

Working...
        X