Wiring Progressive Dynamics PD4135K for currently installed WFCO WF8735P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring Progressive Dynamics PD4135K for currently installed WFCO WF8735P

This is in regard to our Imagine XLS 17MKE.

In order to improve lithium battery charging effectiveness, I am in the process of installing the Progressive Dynamics PD4135 in place of the WFCO WF8735. ​I have run in a snag with the DC wiring and what to do with the Battery Pos/Red (+). The PD instruction say to connect the red/battery pos (+) to F1 (red/battery) lead (would be F7 on the WFCO). While on the WF8735 there is a red battery wire that was connected to the battery disconnect at F6.

I am looking for guidance as to how to wire up both the reverse polarity and the battery disconnect fuses.

Also, the Awning calls for a 20 amp fuse, but if I use both the reverse polarity and battery disconnect slots all I have left is slots for 15 amp connections.

I've included a couple of reference photos. The first is the back of the WFCO fuse board with the soldered in yellow reverse polarity battery pos (+) wire. The second contains the WFCO WF8735 fuse assignments in my trailer, F1 through F7.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-2873.jpg Views:	0 Size:	65.5 KB ID:	103401

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-2876.jpg Views:	0 Size:	97.2 KB ID:	103402
    Last edited by RichardTC; 01-18-2023, 04:02 PM.
    Dick & Denise - Carmel, Indiana
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2WD Diesel with towing package
    Past setups: 2016 Riverside Retro 177SE/2016 Hyundai Santa Fe LWB Coachmen Popup/2012 Subaru Forester

I received a call from the Progressive Dynamics tech-support soon after I posted this request for assistance.

He instructed me to put my battery positive on the F1 fuse slot. He also said that the board is designed for the battery disconnect to be fused through that same F1 (reverse polarity).

I also ask about the 20 amp Awning fuse where all there the remaining five fuse slots are 15 amp and he said it would be fine to run it through the F2 slot that it can be up to 30 amp and just use it with a 20 amp.

Comments? Suggestions?
    Dick & Denise - Carmel, Indiana
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2WD Diesel with towing package
    Past setups: 2016 Riverside Retro 177SE/2016 Hyundai Santa Fe LWB Coachmen Popup/2012 Subaru Forester

Comment

RichardTC -- glad you got a solid answer from Progressive! I didn't read any remaining issues?

Please follow-up with any lessons learned or any thing else related to this swap that you'd care to share with the forum.

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
      X