Front Awning Lights Do Not Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Awning Lights Do Not Work

Front awning strip lights and speaker lights stopped working. The rear awning lights work fine. Both operate off of the same switch. Any suggestions?

Originally posted by Peggy View Post
    Front awning strip lights and speaker lights stopped working. The rear awning lights work fine. Both operate off of the same switch. Any suggestions?
    Hi Peggy--welcome to GD's Technical Forum.

Can you tell us a little more about your trailer? The year and model at minimum. Was there any maintenance or event associated with the lights not working?
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Trailer is a 2019 337RLS. No maintenance or event. Pulled the switch panel and all wiring looks fine including the front and rear awning lights going to a common switch.

Comment

Originally posted by Peggy View Post
        Trailer is a 2019 337RLS. No maintenance or event. Pulled the switch panel and all wiring looks fine including the front and rear awning lights going to a common switch.
        This will require a little troubleshooting. Are you familiar with using a multimeter and working with electricity? *Please* be careful--if in doubt hire a knowledgeable individual.

An educated guess on my part, but if the wire connection at the switch is verified good (wouldn't hurt to re-crimp the wires to a new connector) and there's known power (other lights on switch work) then the problem is further down the path.

Below is a pic I took recently of the rear awning on my 315RLTS. (Very similar floorplan to your 337RLS.) With the awning extended you can see the wiring under the awning's arm. I'm not sure what wire-does-what, but you can see them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	wiring.JPG
Views:	503
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	11022
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
          Below is a pic I took recently of the rear awning on my 315RLTS. (Very similar floorplan to your 337RLS.) With the awning extended you can see the wiring under the awning's arm. I'm not sure what wire-does-what, but you can see them.
          Those connectors look like little upturned cups perfect for collecting water when the awning is folded and water is running down the wall. Are they better-protected than they appear to be?
          Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

Originally posted by boyscout View Post

Those connectors look like little upturned cups perfect for collecting water when the awning is folded and water is running down the wall. Are they better-protected than they appear to be?
            There's a wad of black sealant on top that was applied by the OEM (can't be seen in the pic above). So far, so good (1.5 yrs).

Comment

Working...
            X