Awning Lights - 2019 Imagine 2600RB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awning Lights - 2019 Imagine 2600RB

My awning lights have decided something is amiss. Although there is apparently power going to them, they are extremely dim, like almost out dim. That means there must be pwoer, but not enough. Connections seem to be secure, fuses are good in the breaker box.. There is no in-line fuse behind the control panel. The lights on the outside speakers work. Any ideas??

KMcG

Hi KPEC. Do you have a volt meter, and can you check to see if you're getting at least 12VDC at the lights? Also, I assume your battery is fully charged? Do you know what your battery voltage is?

If you have a fully charged battery, and your battery and awning voltages are the same, I'd suspect the lights need to be replaced.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thanks Jim. The trailer is back to strorage for now but I will ceck the voltage. I was in a campground hooked up to 30 amp service. Everything else works - awning, outside speaker lights, slide, etc. the awning lights just won't light up.

Comment

Originally posted by KPEC1151 View Post
        Thanks Jim. The trailer is back to strorage for now but I will ceck the voltage. I was in a campground hooked up to 30 amp service. Everything else works - awning, outside speaker lights, slide, etc. the awning lights just won't light up.
        The more I think about this, perhaps it's a ground (-12vDC return) issue. If there was a resistance (aka "load") after the lights that was introduced into the circuit, the 12vDC voltage would drop accordingly across the two of them (lights and the mystery problem).
        Last edited by howson; 04-24-2023, 06:40 AM.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
        X