Shore Power Cord Maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shore Power Cord Maintenance

Another excellent article by Mike Sokol--well worth your time to read (and heed).

https://rvelectricity.substack.com/p...er-maintenance

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Originally posted by howson View Post
    Another excellent article by Mike Sokol--well worth your time to read (and heed).

https://rvelectricity.substack.com/p...er-maintenance

Howard
    Got an error first time, hopefully not a dup.

I have not done it yet, but have been debating the pros/cons (if any) of attaching my inexpensive 30a male to 50a female puck adapter to the male end of my 50a cord to protect the prongs as I handle it and store in my storage box where it could potentially get dinged up a bit. Keep the contacts clean and hopefully bend free.

Terry
    Terry and Patty (Dogs-Sophie and Tessa)
    2020 Reflection 297RSTS - bought Oct 2019
    2021 F350 crew cab, SRW, 6.7L diesel, 14K equal-i-zer hitch

Comment

If you choose to follow the "spray contact cleaner into the pedestal receptacle" advice. Test your contact cleaner of choice on a scrap receptacle. I melted down a contactor once with contact cleaner...so make sure you don't create a problem.
      2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
      Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
        If you choose to follow the "spray contact cleaner into the pedestal receptacle" advice. Test your contact cleaner of choice on a scrap receptacle. I melted down a contactor once with contact cleaner...so make sure you don't create a problem.
        What brand of of contact cleaner did you use? Just curious, want to avoid that one.
        Craig & Theresa
        2022 Ford F350, SRW, CCSB, 7.3L, 4.30 rear axle, Lariat Ultimate, 4x4, Ford Pro Trailer Backup Assist, factory gooseneck 5th wheel prep package
        New to us 2021 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS using a B&W Companion slider hitch

Comment

Green can CRC. Allen Bradley 600v 3ph contactor.
          2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
          Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

Working...
          X