2022 XLS 23LDE Wiring.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 XLS 23LDE Wiring.

I have a 2022 XLS 23LDE and I would like to install an automatic transfer switch to switch between shore power and my inverter. My shore power wire is Orange and comes in under my stove where my water heater is. It disappears through the floor. When I remove my panel box, the wire comes up from the floor and connects to my circuit breaker. My question is when it goes through the floor, does it go directly across The frame to the circuit panel or does it loop around to the rear? The reason I ask is that that Grand Design put out some directions on adding an inverter and it shows the orange wire in the back. I was told the 2023 model has it looping back there, but not sure about the 2022 model. Man I wish a had a schematic.
    John and Sunhe
    TV: 2019 Ram1500 5.7 Hemi
    Hitch: Equailzer E4
    RV: Grand Design Imagine XL23LDE
    Ret Army, Ret Army Civ
    Prince George, VA

I hope you find an answer from GD, that 10/3 Romex orange wire would be difficult to snake all the way from the breaker box to the front pass through. (after leaving the factory)
    Adding those wires should be a standard wiring practice for GD, but they do not include info about it yet in the manual AFAIKT.
    Attached Files

Comment

Not to confuse the OP but the file posted above is for a fifth wheel not a TT. If a TT has an inverter prep then the orange wire will be behind the water panel in the front pass thru. I do not think that the Imagine XLS models have an inverter prep circuit.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I asked my dealer to contact GD rep and he claimed it was included with the 2023 23LDE model.
        Now that may be a new thing for the Imagine, but it makes sense to do it at the factory instead of the dealer.
        What would be different about the inverter prep wiring to the front for a 5th wheel vs a travel trailer?

Comment

I pulled down the underbelly to verify that the Main power line does not go to the front. It will be easy to fish it back there though. My only concern is I will be running 28 feet to the transfer switch and then another 28 feet to the panel box using 10/2 wire for a 30 Amp system. I’m not sure if 10/2 will be good enough. Although, I wouldn’t doubt that is what Grand Design is using for their Inverter prep.
          John and Sunhe
          TV: 2019 Ram1500 5.7 Hemi
          Hitch: Equailzer E4
          RV: Grand Design Imagine XL23LDE
          Ret Army, Ret Army Civ
          Prince George, VA

Comment

Originally posted by Jdeilus View Post
            I pulled down the underbelly to verify that the Main power line does not go to the front. It will be easy to fish it back there though. My only concern is I will be running 28 feet to the transfer switch and then another 28 feet to the panel box using 10/2 wire for a 30 Amp system. I’m not sure if 10/2 will be good enough. Although, I wouldn’t doubt that is what Grand Design is using for their Inverter prep.
            Looks like you should be OK with 10/2 up to 30' with 2% voltage drop. If you want 1% voltage drop you will need 6/2.

Click image for larger version

Name:	size.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	111491
            Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Here is what Google says about length for 10 AWG used for 30 AMP circuit.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Budwin View Post
                Here is what Google says about length for 10 AWG used for 30 AMP circuit.
                Note: 150' wire with 30 amps (AC) will need to be a 4/2 cable.

The 150' is likely the maximum length allowed for a 10 awg wire to conduct electricity. That does not consider the current flowing through the wire.
                Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

I have a 2023 xls 23LDE that does not appear to be pre-wired. Was thinking of locating the inverter in the pass thru near my 200 AH Li battery (front of trailer) and running the 110v ac output to the transfer switch installed behind my power center (back of trailer). That way I only need to run 28’ of wire instead of a 56’ loop. I’m guessing the loop is intended for easy installation of an integrated inverter/transfer switch, but since I don’t have the loop using a separate switch located near the power center seems to make the most sense. I appreciate any words of wisdom from this group on the topic, like the best way to route 12/2 Romex from front to back of the trailer.
                  Last edited by Bthibodeau; 07-16-2023, 03:40 PM.
                  Bruce Thibodeau
                  2023 Imagine xls 23LDE, 2022 F150 Lariat Ecoboost

Comment

Working...
                  X