Electric wiring on 399TH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric wiring on 399TH

Well, I am now battling some rodents that made it into my rig. I had to repair the wires that are just in front of the fuel tank for the generator because my rear lights did not work,,,,,for some reason they love the plastic on the wires. I came across some wires on the driver side under the chloroplast that were chewed through, but could not find where the other ends were. There were different color wires with one being a hot wire. I have attached a pic of the wires,,,,does anyone know where they go? Are they suppose to be spliced together through some connector? Not many wires in this area, the under belly LED lights and the wires that run to the rear lights. There is a box attached to the frame in front of the fuel tank but there are wires running to it and no other way to attach additional wires to it. If any one has dropped the under belly in this area do you remember where these wires connected? They are the only wires on the driver side coming into this area.Green/white and Yellow/white wires. Thanks!!!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0766.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	197.4 KB
ID:	111353

White wires are usually ground. Green/yellow are normally power. Unusual . . . but, not impossible, that yellow and green should connect together. I would use a meter to determine if this is the missing circuit before connecting. The “box” you reference might be the level sensor for your stabilizer jack system.

Wiring from “off shore” suppliers is often made with an edible oil component in the insulation . . . critters love this !

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I thought the box might be for the leveling system, will have to pull out meter and find out. Thanks
      Last edited by Popalf; 04-30-2023, 12:41 AM.

Comment

A further thought . . , those wires have clean cut ends, as if they were never connected to anything. Is something 12V electrical not working?

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I cut them and then taped them up after the rodents chewed them up, did not want them to contact the metal on the floor to arc when the batteries are connected,,,,,,ask me how I know,,,LOL. I took the pic just after I cut them. So far, the slide outs do not work, the AC does not work, the fire place does not work, and the leveling system was chewed through and I had that fixed. The leveling system was repaired at the front of the rig by a mobile tech, so I think the next area to tackle will be under the front area. I am trying to replace as much of the insulation I can, they left a mess in there.

Comment

Working...
          X