Front LED Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front LED Lights

New Owner and on a short shakedown trip. When are the front LED lights supposed to function? I assume they should operate when you are under way, and your lights are on. All my trailer lights work (turn/brake/running lights), and the awning LED's come on when you turn on the exterior lights at the panel but the LED's on front do not come on then, either. I've checked and no blown fuses
    I don't rule out the possibility of operator error.
    Tim Seitz
    2023 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB
    Towing with F150 Platinum with V6 Ecoboost Turbo, Max Tow Package 3.55 ratio

seitzte They are usually controlled with a switch near your Nautilus panel. Hopefully another owner with your specific model will be by shortly, but thats a common location for them.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

It may also be on the door side in the front storage, on the right / front side looking in to the storage area.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

ncnitro, Thank you! I found the switch right where you indicated.
        Tim Seitz
        2023 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB
        Towing with F150 Platinum with V6 Ecoboost Turbo, Max Tow Package 3.55 ratio

Comment

Originally posted by seitzte View Post
          ncnitro, Thank you! I found the switch right where you indicated.
          Glad to help!
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
          2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
          2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

@Sandridge4

Will do. Hopefully next week if weather cooperates.
            Truck is dirty and rain sure beats up on it.

Jay & Patty Wallace
            2023 Reflection 337 RLS
            2022 Silverado 3500 HD High Country Duramax 6.6L Allison 10 SP

Comment

Bumping this.

Has anyone ever moved or modified the switch so it's more convenient to use? The switch should at the very least be on the camping side and really should be controlled from the inside panel.
              2023 Grand Design Imagine 2970RL
              2023 F-350 SRW 7.3 Crew Cab

Comment

I changed out the factory on/off switch for a dimmer switch but left it in the same spot on the driver side pass through storage. Makes for a good night security light when you can turn it down with a dimmer.
                Eddie & Kathy
                2021 Imagine 2970RL
                2019 Ram 2500 Laramie Mega Cab 4x4 Cummins 6.7L
                Houston, TX

Comment

Originally posted by Ebkent62 View Post
                  I changed out the factory on/off switch for a dimmer switch but left it in the same spot on the driver side pass through storage. Makes for a good night security light when you can turn it down with a dimmer.
                  That's actually a good idea. I still would prefer it to be turned off and on more conveniently though.

Comment

I wonder if you could run a wire from the button on the nautilus panel over to the Unity board and tie them to the porch light. That might be a simple modification behind the false wall. Disconnect the button on the nautilus panel or see if you can tie it back to the unity board like the pump switch.
                    Joseph
                    Tow
                    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
                      I wonder if you could run a wire from the button on the nautilus panel over to the Unity board and tie them to the porch light. That might be a simple modification behind the false wall. Disconnect the button on the nautilus panel or see if you can tie it back to the unity board like the pump switch.
                      I have a 2970RL and the switch for the front LED lights is on the front wall of the driver's side of the passthrough storage. The trailer doesn't have nautilus panel. Just a "convenience center".

I guess it would be easy enough to run it over to the camping side at least.

Comment

You might be able to run the wire from wherever over to the control board or down through the floor and out to the porch light under the step. I ran a series of lights down each side of my camper in addition to the porch light and just tapped into the porch light wiring.

see post 41 for the result: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/gdrv4li...1-303rls/page3
                        used these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1
                        Joseph
                        Tow
                        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by pappcam View Post
                          Bumping this.

Has anyone ever moved or modified the switch so it's more convenient to use?
                          Yep. See https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...tch-19-315rlts

Howard

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I have a 2017 Solitude 360RL and I cannot find the switch to my front strip LED lights to save my life. I have looked in the front pass through storage and do not have any switches. Where some people have a switch, I have an outlet and a cable hookup. On the outside by the front storage, I have a switch that operates the hitch light, but it doesn’t operate the cap strip LEDs. I have also checked the Nautilus panel. I have a light and a switch that operates the blue LED bed slide lights. Anyone have any thoughts?
                            2017 Solitude 360RL

Comment

I have the switch under the front overhang driver's side that operates my front strip light. It's the same color as the overhang color and easy to miss.
                              Ted
                              2021 Reflection 310RLS
                              2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Working...
                              X