Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recomendations for LED light strips for down lighting under trailer

Hi all,
    Our 2018 Reflection didn't come with LED light strips on the undercarriage so I was wondering what is used either by GD or any recommendations from Amazon etc. Most seem to only be 20 ft or so and I want to go longer if possibe.
    Rick & B
    2018 F-350 6.7L SRW FX4
    2019 Reflection 337RLS, 1000w solar, 400ah batteries, Disk Brakes, MorRyde SRE 4000, GY Endurance tires, Truma water heater

Couldn't find what GD used on our rig. Do want to note that the strips are not continuous for the full length of rig. There are breaks at the wheels.
    John
    2018 Momentum 395M
    2018 Ram 3500 Dually
    Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Interesting because I am in the dark on this one. Need to do more research as some I’ve seen are on the frame rail as to project direct light onto ground. I’ve seen some that seem to be too high mounted higher under the gussets. Still figuring it out!
      Rick & B
      2018 F-350 6.7L SRW FX4
      2019 Reflection 337RLS, 1000w solar, 400ah batteries, Disk Brakes, MorRyde SRE 4000, GY Endurance tires, Truma water heater

Comment

Originally posted by Hawgwild View Post
        Interesting because I am in the dark on this one. Need to do more research as some I’ve seen are on the frame rail as to project direct light onto ground. I’ve seen some that seem to be too high mounted higher under the gussets. Still figuring it out!

I put these under mine this winter. Not long term tested but survived the trip from Florida back to Illinois. They're 120v, so they run off shore power or my inverter, but smartphone controlled so I can dim them and set them on a timer to automatically come on with the sunset and turn off when I want. I stuck them all around the rig right to the skirting.

Govee 65.6ft Alexa LED Strip Lights, Smart WiFi RGB Rope Light Works with Alexa Google Assistant, Remote App Control Lighting Kit, Music Sync Color Changing Lights for Bedroom, Living Room, Kitchen https://a.co/d/8XuWeHD
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

I went with a row of 10 "penny lights" down each side of the lower facia. This allows the lights along the slides to move in/out with the slide. See posts 5 and 10 of this thread. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...-backup-lights These lights are 12V and I powered them from the existing similar light under the entry steps so I didn't have to add any interior wiring or switch.

Rob
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by JBill9694 View Post
            Couldn't find what GD used on our rig. Do want to note that the strips are not continuous for the full length of rig. There are breaks at the wheels.
            Great info tbanks!
            Rick & B
            2018 F-350 6.7L SRW FX4

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
              I went with a row of 10 "penny lights" down each side of the lower facia. This allows the lights along the slides to move in/out with the slide. See posts 5 and 10 of this thread. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...-backup-lights These lights are 12V and I powered them from the existing similar light under the entry steps so I didn't have to add any interior wiring or switch.

Rob
              Thanks Rob!
              Rick & B
              2018 F-350 6.7L SRW FX4

Comment

Working...
              X