Lighting Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lighting Issue

Weird one. The ceiling light on my 2018 Momentum 349M started to brighten and dim by itself. I can watch the bar go up and down on the one control and cannot stop it (it is the only light that does it). It is the only light on the one control that is also on a seperate switch. I thought the switch must be bad, so changed it. Now I can turn on the switch and the light turns on and goes into the bright/dim mode. If I click the switch 2 times it just stays on. To turn the light off with the switch i have to click it on/off 2 times, thoughts?

Can you swap the light with another to rule out the light? Sounds like the one control has the ability to dim the light? If so, possibly a defective dimmer? Just my two cents....
    Jim & Kathy
    2022 Imagine 2600RB
    2022 RAM 1500 Limited Longhorn, Hemi e-Torque, 3:92,
    trailer tow pkg, 4x air suspension, TT TPMS.

Comment

Thanks for the thoughts, but it's actually several of the lights throughout the ceiling, all controlled by the one switch

Comment

Originally posted by Bob K View Post
        Weird one. The ceiling light on my 2018 Momentum 349M started to brighten and dim by itself. I can watch the bar go up and down on the one control and cannot stop it (it is the only light that does it). It is the only light on the one control that is also on a seperate switch. I thought the switch must be bad, so changed it. Now I can turn on the switch and the light turns on and goes into the bright/dim mode. If I click the switch 2 times it just stays on. To turn the light off with the switch i have to click it on/off 2 times, thoughts?
        How knowledgeable are you with troubleshooting? I can go into details on what I'd do (swap leads on the X4 board) but if it's not something you'd do no sense in typing it all out...
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks for the offer, but no I wouldn't start messing with boards, likely cause more harm than good.

Comment

Hi Jim,
            I have the same issue with my 2019 328M. I was wondering if you found a solution. Thanks for any help.

Comment

Kathy&Jim_Imagine -- I think post 6's question was directed at you. ( J and K Petersen -- please quote or tag the person you're addressing. Thanks! )

Howard
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

J and K Petersen Sorrty about the delay in replying, been off line a bit. Anyway, I'm not the one who was having the issue, I believe it was Bob K who was experiencing the issue. I would like to know as well what the resolve is/was just in case it happens to our unit. Please check with Bob K.

howson Thanks for the heads up Howard. I let J and K Petersen know that I was not having the issue, it was Bob K.
                Jim & Kathy
                2022 Imagine 2600RB
                2022 RAM 1500 Limited Longhorn, Hemi e-Torque, 3:92,
                trailer tow pkg, 4x air suspension, TT TPMS.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob K View Post
                  Hi Bob,
                  I have the same issue with my 2019 328M. I was wondering if you found a solution. Thanks for any help.

Comment

Originally posted by J and K Petersen View Post

Hi Bob,
                    I hope Bob K posts a solution. If not, if you'd like to try troubleshooting yourself post again when you're ready to give it a go. Alternatively, give Lippert Customer Service a call (the board's OEM). https://support.lci1.com/contact

Comment

Working...
                    X