Batteries not charging on Solar, Hitch Plug, or Shore Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batteries not charging on Solar, Hitch Plug, or Shore Power

Hello, new to the forums. I have a 265BH Transcend Xplor. We just returned for a camping trip and when we got home, I plugged back into shore power as I normally would but the batteries wouldn't charge. They don't appear to be charging via the on-board solar, or through the hitch plug when connected. I've tried with all of the breakers on/off (electrical system seems to be working fine on shore power) but cannot seem to get them to charge. MPT 25A solar controller is set to sealed, but not showing a green LED to show charging and the battery display is not showing charging either. Thoughts? Any tips would be appreciated!

JCard Hello and welcome to the forum! The first thing I would check is the battery disconnect switch. It is a red switch with a handle you twist. If you can remove the handle the batteries are disconnected and if you have it turned so you cannot remove it they are connected. See how it is set (it can sometimes be accidentally turned by loading your compartments).
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

The battery disconnect runs most DC circuits on our Transcend 265BH. There are several items that are connected directly to the battery, though, and can drain your battery- the power Jack, refrigerator and the MPPT solar controller. What does your battery monitor show? It should show the state of your battery. I attached screen shots from the Transcend owners manual (downloaded from this site). This meter is always connected as is the solar controller. I suspect that you have a dead battery. When I am connected to the truck while riunning, my battery monitor reads 14.4 volts. Connected to shore power it typically shows 13.8 volts which is fully charged. If you have a volt meter and you are comfortable taking measurements, measure the voltage across the two battery terminals. The largest draw on the DC system is the refrigerator, if the converter was not charging the battery, running the fridge would drain your battery quickly. The converter takes AC shore power, converts to DC and charges the battery. It is located in the breaker panel. Per the owners manual, a battery at 11.8V is totally discharged and at 11.65V is dead. If you put a new battery in, make sure you set the dial in the fridge to off so it won’t drain the new battery.
      Tim
      Attached Files
      Tim & Beth
      2022 Transcend Xplor 265BH
      2021 Ford F-150 XLT, 3.5L Ecoboost w/ Max Tow Pkg

Comment

Thanks. Battery disconnect was set to "On" when I noticed the problem. Fridge is shut off when we return home so its not on. Current battery voltage is 12.86 and is powering DC lights and devices. It occurred to me that I haven't checked the fuses. Assuming the converter has its own fuse so I'll check those this evening. Hoping to not have to take it in for service - I still have camping to do!

Comment

Working...
        X