Lithium upgrade, moved connections, no inverter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lithium upgrade, moved connections, no inverter

So I posted a few different times asking questions and whatnot. I finally got around to doing my project and was going to update.

I added the following

- two battleborn heated 100ah batteries
    - Victron BMV 712 smart shunt
    - main cut off switch
    - 12v circuit panel (small for frame circuits)
    - Lynx distributor ( completely unnecessary but I already had it)
    - switch for power tongue jack in the pass through storage
    - switch for battery heating feature

I also had the WFCO company re-flash my converter to be compatible with the battleborn batteries. It was free and the company was very helpful. If it ends up not working out, I’ll switch it but so far so good.

My goal in all this was to switch to lithium and have more ability to boondock for the Walmart camp nights to and from a destination. I also didn’t like all the wiring being on the frame of the trailer for the fridge and tire monitor. I installed a switch for the power tongue jack so no one can mess with it unless they have access to the pass through storage. I left it wired so the truck still powers the 12v system so I guess it’s not full proof but I like the idea that while I’m sleeping no kids can Jack with my level haha.

Im no professional so the wiring isn’t pristine, but I like the end result. Any feedback is welcome.
    • 2023 Imagine 2800BH
    • 2013 GMC Sierra 2500 6.6 Duramax (LML)
    • Family Travels with kids and dog
    • Love cool upgrades

• 2023 Imagine 2800BH
    • Love cool upgrades

Comment

AAMAFIGHTER it looks like the BMV fit where the Furrion was located? Did you have to do anything or did it just, well, "fit"? I recently got to play with the Furrion and program it with the factory trainers, so curious what you think of the BMV vs the Furrion.

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Very nice and well done install. I agree that the Lynx is not "worth" the money but it sure does make for a nice install and easily keeps things organized.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
          AAMAFIGHTER it looks like the BMV fit where the Furrion was located? Did you have to do anything or did it just, well, "fit"? I recently got to play with the Furrion and program it with the factory trainers, so curious what you think of the BMV vs the Furrion.

Howard
          It was really plug and play. The same cutout worked for the BMV. I went ahead with the BMV and really like that I can Bluetooth into it and keep an eye on everything. Especially watching the converter since it’s a WFCO, I stay on there pretty regularly.

I just have to figure out what to do with the hole I cut under it… that was where I put the switch for the battery heat function and quickly realized that switch was terrible.. so I got the other one and relocated it.
          • 2023 Imagine 2800BH
          • Love cool upgrades

Comment

Really nice install (really like the interior-installed Battleborns)!
            2023 Grand Design Imagine XLS 21BHE
            2023 Ford F-350 12,000 lb GVRW w/tow tech package

Comment

Working...
            X