lippert OneControl Unity X 1.5 Bluetooth radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lippert OneControl Unity X 1.5 Bluetooth radio

I have a unit that can't be 2 years old and apparently the BT radio chip has already failed. was on phone with Lippert tech and after all that troubleshooting it was evident the radio was not broadcasting. Is this a one off or a sign of other reliability issues with these components? I'm just curious if anyone else has had issues. The replacement is @615$ and I don't want to start a collection of these controllers or maybe its a replaceable module that plugs in from the back. Of course they were closed by the time I found the unity unit.

Originally posted by CTHolleyJr View Post
    I have a unit that can't be 2 years old and apparently the BT radio chip has already failed. was on phone with Lippert tech and after all that troubleshooting it was evident the radio was not broadcasting. Is this a one off or a sign of other reliability issues with these components? I'm just curious if anyone else has had issues. The replacement is @615$ and I don't want to start a collection of these controllers or maybe its a replaceable module that plugs in from the back. Of course they were closed by the time I found the unity unit.
    I haven't read of many failures, so it's not a normal problem IMO. What year/make/model is your GD? Have you called GD Customer Service? Never hurts to ask them for a replacement...all they do is say no (no worse than where you're at now). This assumes you're willing to install a replacement yourself.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Our new 2023 has the same problem, just fyi!

Comment

Originally posted by CTHolleyJr View Post
        No, not one off. Ours has not worked since day one. I don't really care about using the phone stuff anyway and after 3 calls to both Lippert and GD without any satisfaction I just stopped worrying about it.
        Nels & Vanessa
        2022 Reflection 31MB
        2022 Chevy 3500 4x4 SRW Standard Bed Duramax, BW OEM non slider hitch custom 7000 axles w dual panhard rods and G rated tires.

Comment

Originally posted by nprario View Post
          No, not one off. Ours has not worked since day one.
          That's unfortunate. While I'm a self-identified "geek" when it comes to tech, in a camper I'm content with simple switches to power everything.

A friend recently bought SOB that cost a lot of money. One of the complaints? The Lippert OneControl monitor is sssslllooooowwwww to respond. Just turning a light on and off is an exercise in frustration.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
          X