Battery Being Drained

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Being Drained

I'm having an issue with battery(s). While being plugged into service my battery is being drained. This will be my 3rd one. This one only had 2 nights use. I didn't think there would any battery drainage while being plugged in. What is going on or am I doing something wrong?
    2020 SOLITUDE 310GK
    2016 GMC DURAMAX 6.6 TURBO

Either your battery switch is off, or your converter is not functioning. Do you have a voltmeter and can you measure voltage at the battery terminals? This will determine whether charge current from the converter is reaching the battery.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

You might also want to verify the polarity of the wiring. Not All RV's use the Black wire for the negative.

Trace out the 2 wires.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by kishman74 View Post
        I'm having an issue with battery(s). While being plugged into service my battery is being drained. This will be my 3rd one. This one only had 2 nights use. I didn't think there would any battery drainage while being plugged in. What is going on or am I doing something wrong?
        To reinforce what Rob is saying the red battery disconnect switch must be pushed in and turned to ON (key cant be removed) otherwise the battery wont charge. What is draining it are the parasitic draws from the safety equipment (CO and Propane detector and possibly other devices including you fridge if it is 12V). To truly disconnect your battery for storage you need to disconnect a battery connection - I do the positive.

Hope this helps
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

The battery switch connector is in the on position. I checked the breaker panel thinking one of the breakers was tripped. Reset them all. When I'm not using the camper, I always take the battery out and put it on a trickle charger. You have me thinking about the converter. I'll be going to the GD Rally in MI in a week or so maybe I can grab one of the traveling Tecks to see if they can help....Tks....
          2020 SOLITUDE 310GK

Comment

Yep..... the converter was toast. At the Michigan GD rally right now. Tech's Bud and Scott hooked me up with a new one.... another great job by the traveling Tech's who keep us going 👍👍
            2020 SOLITUDE 310GK

Comment

Working...
            X