Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can You Set the Furrion Battery Monitor for Lithium Ion Batteries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can You Set the Furrion Battery Monitor for Lithium Ion Batteries?

I have the instructions for this monitor (thanks to another post in this forum). I have upgraded to Battle Borne Lithium Ion batteries. I am wondering if there is any way to tell this Furrion monitor that I am using this type of battery. Or does this monitor assume that everything is a Lead/Acid battery?

A related question... I just re-calibrated this monitor for the 2 100AH Lithium batteries and set the monitor for 200AH. But... should that number higher because you get more life of our Lithium Ion versus Lead-Acid?
    Thanks,
    Scott

Originally posted by swfaulk View Post
    I have the instructions for this monitor (thanks to another post in this forum). I have upgraded to Battle Borne Lithium Ion batteries. I am wondering if there is any way to tell this Furrion monitor that I am using this type of battery. Or does this monitor assume that everything is a Lead/Acid battery?

A related question... I just re-calibrated this monitor for the 2 100AH Lithium batteries and set the monitor for 200AH. But... should that number higher because you get more life of our Lithium Ion versus Lead-Acid?
    Thanks,
    Scott
    The AH is the same for lead acid and Lithium.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

swfaulk As Brian said, the monitor does not care what kind of battery it is. It measures the current flowing into (charging) or out of (discharging) the shunt. For the SOC reading it deducts or adds those values to what you programmed in as the total AH. As long as you put in the correct value you should be all set.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
      X