RuuviTag Temperature, Humidity, Motion, and Air Pressure Sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RuuviTag Temperature, Humidity, Motion, and Air Pressure Sensors

Now that the Cerbo GX has had a bluetooth sensor firmware upgrade, I ordered 2 of the RuuviTag sensors. My main intent is temperature monitoring.

2 Sensors
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09FMYRYBR...roduct_details

1 Silicon holder (that was all that was in stock) It will arrive next week.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C2J4JT5K...roduct_details

I placed one in the main refrigerator, which in the 2400BH is on the driver side, closer to the front. This one is reporting in no problem. Note my Cerbo GX is in the passthrough and closer to the driver side. The 2nd I placed in the outdoor kitchen refrigerator and is only reporting in sporadically. So, I have ordered the bluetooth dongle linked below.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Once it arrives, I will see if I can plug it up in the pass through and if it helps extend the range. If not, I may plug in a USB extension and throw it back towards the rear. If that fails, I will pull the sensor and use it in the main cabin.

Setup was incredibly easy and was completed in 5-10 minutes.

Temps do show up on the VRM webpage, but not the Touch 50 GX. Would like to know how to get them to show up there. They do report temperature and Humidity to the Cerbo GX.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2023-05-20 at 1.17.46 AM.jpg Views:	0 Size:	57.6 KB ID:	112576
    2020 Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

bellis

If you discover how to get it to display on the Touch display please post the information. I am woefully behind on some of these cool upgrades...
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I did read about the Ruuvi Tags either on the Victron or Solar DIY Forums, this was during the winter and I did not retain the info. I would like to get these as well but will wait for further reports.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Will you all stop this ,,,,this nonsense..I have enough projects on my to do list. Will the CHAOS never end

Following,,,,giving SWMBO my wallet

Keith
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

howson So - I do not see where Victron has released the ability to show the temps on the Cerbo GX. If you happen to find it, please let me know as well.

Here is an updated screenshot of the VRM. It shows all data once hovered over, except motion (which I could care less about - and have the GPS USB in the Cerbo GX for that if I wanted it).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2023-05-21 at 4.31.10 AM.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	112666

I did find this....GuiMods
          https://github.com/kwindrem/GuiMods

Apparently you can modify the Cerbo GX screen...but not sure I want to do that. Here is a screenshot from the GUIMods link.

Name:	image.png
Views:	219
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	112667

I don't mind tinkering....but I think I prefer to stay stock on this and wait for Victron to update....granted - I love how much info they packed into that screen, but it is a little busy for my tastes. I am currently up to date across the board firmware wise.​

Bunch of videos out there for how to setup RuuviTag Sensors with the Cerbo etc.

I may move the tag in the refrigerator to the inner door of the refrigerator. Apparently temperatures vary a good bit inside a refrigerator.
          2020 Imagine 2400BH
          2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

Comment

ncitro modified my Touch 50 to add some better features but I do not recall the name of the files. They have worked great for me with no issues, it even displays the Mopeka propane tank sensors. I did install the TPlink to help with the wifi signal.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Yeah I run GUIMods, and I think that's what we put on yours Brian. I liked it because it gives me the TTG (time to go) on the main screen.
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
              2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
              2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post
                Yeah I run GUIMods, and I think that's what we put on yours Brian. I liked it because it gives me the TTG (time to go) on the main screen.
                If you install the GUI mods - can you control what shows up on the screen or is the above what you get?

I currently have 4 screens total....one that shows tanks, one that shows the original of the above screenshot, one with color boxes, and one I am not sure how to describe - but it has buttons and you can change inverter status etc.

More importanty - with GUI mods - are you able to run firmware updates on Cerbo GX as normal? Other gear?
                2020 Imagine 2400BH

Our Mods

Comment

Originally posted by bellis View Post

If you install the GUI mods - can you control what shows up on the screen or is the above what you get?

I currently have 4 screens total....one that shows tanks, one that shows the original of the above screenshot, one with color boxes, and one I am not sure how to describe - but it has buttons and you can change inverter status etc.

More importanty - with GUI mods - are you able to run firmware updates on Cerbo GX as normal? Other gear?
                  Mine looks a little different than that, I don't have a couple of the dollar boxes and I don't currently have the Ruuvitags. I think you can customize it, honestly I haven't played with it a ton past his default config. No problem with firmware updates.

Here is a link to mine after I did the Bluetooth Mopeka sensors.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...on-venus-cerbo

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	112711

Neil Citro

Comment

bellis

I followed Neil's lead, too, on changing my CCGX's display with the GUIMods. But...at last check it has reverted to stock. I assume that happened during a recent firmware update on the CCGX to v2.94.

Comment

howson I went ahead and ordered up some Ruuvi Tags for my rig the other day. We used to have a full on weather station, but the sensor kit on the ladder kept snagging stuff, and it was not super useful since I never turned it north. We mainly used it for temperature, and I thought this would fit the bill with the added benefit of alarms for fridge and pass through temp. Setup was a piece of cake, and with GUI Mods running it populates the home screen as anticipated. Another step in my quest for a " single pane of glass" for all my RV "stuff". Need to get the SeeLevel gauges on there, but waiting on a NEMA or CANBUS solution from them that will support all four of my tanks. For now their only non-OEM solution is limited to three tanks.

Everyone, you are welcome for helping spend your money for you lol.

Name:	Screenshot 2023-08-16 at 5.49.34 PM.png
Views:	221
Size:	200.6 KB
ID:	118740

Neil Citro

Comment

ncitro -- yep, gonna have to get a few of these! Is the display limited to four Ruuvi tags or will it scroll if there's more?

Did you literally install one on the exterior of the rig? (Noted "outside".)

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
                          ncitro -- yep, gonna have to get a few of these! Is the display limited to four Ruuvi tags or will it scroll if there's more?

Did you literally install one on the exterior of the rig? (Noted "outside".)
                          The bar got smaller as I added them, I'd think there's a limit but not sure how many. The first two were on the row with the propanse sensors. Starting with the third it put them on their own row.

I did. Part of selling the idea on my wife was too use it as a weather station so I stuck one under the gooseneck overhang for outside temperature. Used the same silicone mount linked above.

Neil Citro

Comment

Working...
                          X